Never To Early To Bag A Summer Travel Deal
Do you have any summer vacation plans yet? After all, it is early spring and won’t be long before long summer days arrive with gusto, making you wish you were at the beach or resort somewhere. With that in mind, I wanted to share a few tips and travel coupons so you can score the best travel deal possible this summer.
When quoted an airfare, hotel, or rental car rate, always ask if there is a lower rate, a AAA rate, or an unadvertised special. You can almost always get them to lower their rate or give you a free upgrade if you push hard enough. So push really hard.
Book Far In Advance
This is the best way to insure a good deal. Lock in your vacation plans before airline seats fill up, and before you get hit with higher fuel surcharges.
Stay Midweek if Possible
If you have the flexibility, try to book your vacation plans for a mid-week stay. Hotel rates are generally much lower on weekdays than on weekends. Also, book your return airfare for Monday or Tuesday and you will save 20-30%.
Consider a Vacation Package
When using an online travel service, consider bundling airfare, hotel, and rental car as it can significantly lower the overall price. This especially works when booking extra nights in a hotel. Be sure to first price everything individually to make sure you are getting a good deal.
Also, don’t forget to check out some of the great travel deals that can be found online right now. Here are a few of the more popular travel deals on Rather-Be-Shopping.com right now:
Disney Sale – Save up to $500 Off a 4-Day Disneyland Resort Vacation Package
Coupon Code: None Needed
See All Expedia Coupons
Save $50 Off Hawaii Vacation Packages (min spend $1500, 4-night stay)
Coupon Code: None Needed
See All Travelocity Coupons
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- App of the Week: Triposo
- Infographic: Breaking Up With Debt
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Kathleen of Frugal Portland
- Frugal Hack #10: Lessons from Warren Buffett
- App of the Week: GigWalk
- Does Online Shopping Lead to Debt, Despair, and Ultimately…Suicide?
- The Psychology of Shopping: JCPenney Coupon Case
- App of the Week: Ibotta
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!