Weekend Reading: Happy New Year Edition
I think I gained 10 pounds since my last weekend round-up. If I see another slice of pumpkin pie or leftover double-stuffed potato I may go into cardiac arrest on the spot.
Here are some posts I enjoyed this week. This list is shorter than usual as I was busy filling my face with eats and spending time with family and friends. May your 2013 be filled with blessings and good health.
- Kevin @ Work Save Live
Are you considering asking your employer for a raise? If so, check out How to Ask Your Boss for a Raise for some very practical tips on broaching this touchy subject. My best take-away was doing your homework and knowing your true market value.
~ Work Save Live
- Mandy @ MoneyMasterMom
Mandy poses any interesting question in her post Should toddlers be using high tech gadgets? – When my kids were toddlers they tried to flush the remote down the toilet…so my answer is an emphatic ”NO”.
- Glen @ Monster Piggy Bank
Glen has a guest post on his blog about Ten Tips for Reducing Road Rage that I thought was excellent. As someone who use to get very ticked off at other drivers I thought his tips were spot on. It also helps to tape your middle finger to your index finger every time you get behind the wheel. Just saying…
~ Monster Piggy Bank.com
- DC @ Young Adult Money
As someone who made several offers on fixer-uppers for rental income last year I thought the post Things to consider when buying a fixer-upper was great. I never bought one as I was outbid on each home and got tired of looking.
~ Young Adult Money
- Holly @ Club Thrifty
Holly’s post Snowed In…and Succumbing to Lifestyle Inflation got my ticker thinking about instances in my life where my time is worth more than my money. Interesting post, take a peak for yourself.
~ Club Thrifty.com
A Blast From The Past:
My post What My Dad Taught Me About Money is from way back in September 2007. Some good ol’ fashioned personal finance advice to kick off the new year from someone who has done it “the right way” his entire life.
Happy reading and have a great weekend y’all!
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- Store Spotlight: How to Save Serious Cash at Lands’ End
- Top 10 Father’s Day Coupons for 2013
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Adrienne of Adrienne Smith.net
- App of the Week: GasBuddy
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Eric of DollarVersity
- 5 Ways Men Shop Differently Than Women
- App of the Week: Triposo
- Infographic: Breaking Up With Debt
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!