My Best Finance Tip for 2013 + a $100 Cash Giveaway
I am proud to be a part of a fun personal finance blog project and giveaway organized by Jeffrey over at Savings Advice.com. The theme of this giveaway is appropriately ”Finances in the New Year” where every personal finance blog documents their best tip for 2013. So without further ado, here is my entry followed by the easy entry form to win $100 cash via PayPal. Make sure to get yourself entered!
Avoid Christmas Debt in 2013
This tip is perfect as we come down from the craziness of the holiday season. Many of you may be worried about the credit card bill that will be arriving in a week or two. Perhaps you went over your gift buying budget or perhaps you didn’t have a budget at all. For many years I would just swipe the credit card all December long then stress about paying the bills come January. If you’re in that category this tip may be just what the doctor ordered.
The tip is a pretty simple one but requires a little planning. Buy Christmas gifts all year long! Figure out what you want to spend on gifts, this should be pretty easy as you probably have a good idea what you just spent this year, then divide that number by 12 months. That is your monthly budget for gift buying. The cool thing about this tip is you can buy items when they are on sale or when you stumble across a great bargain. Because of this, I have found that I almost always come in under budget. Buy it, store it until Christmas, and completely avoid the huge credit card bill come January.
I challenge you to give it a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with how effective it is. Also, keep in mind that some months you may find a bunch of great deals and go over your budget which is fine. This is inevitable, and what typically happens is you’ll naturally spend less the following month. By December 1st most of your gifts will be bought and you can enjoy the season even more.
- Tips To NOT Overspend in 2013 + a $100 Cash Giveaway
- Christmas Shopping Giveaway: Win a $75 Walmart Gift Card, Just Gotta “Like” Rather-Be-Shopping.com & Share to Enter
- Giveaway: Win a $50 Target Gift Card, Just Gotta “Like” Us to Enter
- Giveaway #2: “Like” Us on Facebook to Win a $75 Walmart Gift Card
- My Best Personal Finance Tip of 2012
- Giveaway #3: Win a $150 Walmart Gift Card!
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- App of the Week: GigWalk
- Does Online Shopping Lead to Debt, Despair, and Ultimately…Suicide?
- The Psychology of Shopping: JCPenney Coupon Case
- App of the Week: Ibotta
- The Most Frugal Man in America?
- Saving Money for Your First Car Purchase
- Infographic: Sex, Money, and Infidelity on Mother’s Day 2013
- Giveaway Time: $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!