Frugal Hack #3: Use Live Chat To Score Deals
(Welcome to the third post in my new Frugal Hacks series. Frugal life tips which take very little time to implement, but could conceivably save you a ton of money every year.)
Have you looked under every stone and still can’t find a coupon code to save some cash on your online purchase? This frugal hack may be just what the doctor ordered. Utilize the live chat feature that many online retailers have available. Many live chat operators have a handful of coupon codes at their disposal and are just waiting to hand them out. So start a chat session, ask the operator a question or two about the item you are considering, then before you log-off ask then if they may be so kind as to share a coupon code with you. There is a great chance you’ll end up with free shipping or up to 30% off your entire purchase.
Below is a screen capture of how my live chat session went when I scored a Lands’ End coupon a couple weeks ago:
~ Be Nice - Your chances of getting a coupon from a live chat operator increase as your “niceness” level increases. I have no stats to back this up but it’s just human nature. If you are rude, many operators will be glad to have you pay full price. So be polite and considerate and your chances of scoring a deal will increase dramatically.
~ Be Thankful - Be sure to thank the live chat operator once they have delivered the goods. Not only is it good karma but increases your odds of getting a coupon the next time you need one.
~ Be A Saver - Have the mindset of a saver. Always consider creative ways to save money, especially when shopping online. This technique definitely falls into the creative category and should be added to your money saving tool belt immediately, you will not be disappointed. You have absolutely nothing to lose!
Have you tried this frugal hack before? If so, how did you go about it and were you successful?
- Frugal Hack #5: Abandon Your Virtual Shopping Cart & Score a Deal
- Frugal Hack #2: Christmas Shopping with the Kids
- Frugal Hack #1: The “Secret” Dish Network Programming Package
- Frugal Hack #4: Find Free Video Lessons (For Darn Near Anything)
- Shopping Online? – My 5 Best Couponing Tips
- Frugal or Cheap? – When To Spend The Extra Money
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- Store Spotlight: How to Save Serious Cash at Lands’ End
- Top 10 Father’s Day Coupons for 2013
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Adrienne of Adrienne Smith.net
- App of the Week: GasBuddy
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Eric of DollarVersity
- 5 Ways Men Shop Differently Than Women
- App of the Week: Triposo
- Infographic: Breaking Up With Debt
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!