Weekend Reading: Go Niners Edition, Vol. 2
I am totally superstition when it comes to the San Francisco Forty-Niners so I am sticking with them again for this edition of weekend reading. It worked last week so hopefully it will work again and they will be moving on to the Super Bowl. I don’t typically get excited about the NFL playoffs, but with the team I grew up following playing so well it is hard to not get caught up in the hype.
The amount of great writers blogging everyday is really amazing. Here are some posts I really enjoyed this week:
- Daniel @ Sweating the Big Stuff
Daniel’s post How Did You Get Over The Hump In Your First Job? really brought back some memories of my first couple jobs out of college. Key takeaway: Find your passion and go for it!
- Mandy @ Money Master Mom
Her post How do you Manage Stress? was really well done. If you are going through a rough patch right now I suggest you check out her post.
- Emily @ Cash Money Life
With kids, I thought the article How To Avoid Spoiling Your Kids was really good. This is something I struggle with all the time and the advice in her article is really good.
- Cat @ Budget Blonde
Want to travel first class on your next trip? Check out How to Sweet Talk Your Way Into First Class for some tips on how to make it happen. Well done Cat, really good tips. I have only traveled first class once, but it was AWESOME.
- Kathleen @ Frugal Portland
I just discovered Kathleen’s blog this week and I thought it was really cool. Her post The Frugal Portland Philosophy sums up nicely her views on frugal living and life in general. My favorite, “Be nice to yourself. Say nice things in your head.” Such a great philosophy.
A Blast From The Past:
My post Ask The Readers: Bad Customer Service At Old Navy? is from way back in April of 2008 and talks about an experience my wife had at our local Old Navy. The post itself is pretty straight-forward but it’s the comments section where things really started to heat up. I got comments on this one for several years after it was published. Go check it out!
Favorite Search Term This Week:
I actually posted this on the Rather-Be-Shopping.com Facebook page the other day. “Someone just used Google to find my site. The weird part? They searched “King of Farts” to do it…dang-it, my secret is out!” You can’t make this stuff up, unless maybe you play linebacker at Notre Dame or you are a 7-time winner of the Tour de France.
Happy reading and have a great weekend everyone. Go Niners again!
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- Store Spotlight: How to Save Serious Cash at Lands’ End
- Top 10 Father’s Day Coupons for 2013
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Adrienne of Adrienne Smith.net
- App of the Week: GasBuddy
- Blog Spotlight: 10 Questions With Eric of DollarVersity
- 5 Ways Men Shop Differently Than Women
- App of the Week: Triposo
- Infographic: Breaking Up With Debt
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!