Weekend Reading: Super Bowl Edition
A few fun facts about the big game on Sunday:
- The Super Bowl will be shown in 230+ countries with an estimated worldwide audience of 1 billion folks. Wow, that’s a lot of couch surfing!
- Super Bowl Sunday is the second-largest one-day food consumption day of the year behind Thanksgiving.
- 7% of Americans will call in sick on Monday. Is this related to how much food they stuff down their pie hole?
- The commercials are always entertaining and the build-up teaser for this one looks hilarious:
Now on to some posts that I stumbled upon this week that I really enjoyed.
- Aaron @ Three Thrifty Guys
Aaron’s post How to Pick a Financial Advisor is really well done and worth reading, especially if you are currently looking for an advisor. The biggest thing for me when I was picking one was the trust factor. He is a solid family guy who had a great track record in my community.
- Jason @ Frugal Habits
His post Are Coupons Here to Stay? was a good look into the future of mobile coupons. My answer to his question: As retailers continue to look for advantages and use technology in their favor, I think coupons aren’t going anywhere anytime soon.
- Toni @ The Happy Housewife
I loved the post 50 Simple Ways to Save $5. It is amazing how many small things you can do in everyday life to save a few bucks. And guess what? It quickly adds up to some pretty serious money.
- Catherine @ Plunged in Debt
For those looking for a good place to store cash for an emergency fund, check out the post Saving To Rebuild Our Emergency Fund. Don’t forget to read the excellent comments on this post as well.
- Jason @ Work Save Live
I always enjoy reading about the art of blogging and writing. How people make money. How writers find blogs to write for. So I really enjoyed Making Extra Money: Start a Blog or Write for Others?
A Blast From The Past:
Are you heading to Costco this weekend to stock up for the big game or Super Bowl party? Do NOT set foot into the warehouse before you read 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco – Costco can be a dangerous place to shop if you don’t have a good strategy. Check out our post from last fall so you stay out of the danger zones.
Happy reading and have a great weekend everyone. Go Forty-Niners once again!
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- App of the Week: GigWalk
- Does Online Shopping Lead to Debt, Despair, and Ultimately…Suicide?
- The Psychology of Shopping: JCPenney Coupon Case
- App of the Week: Ibotta
- The Most Frugal Man in America?
- Saving Money for Your First Car Purchase
- Infographic: Sex, Money, and Infidelity on Mother’s Day 2013
- Giveaway Time: $100 Amazon.com Gift Card
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!