Weekend Reading: Winter Blues Edition
The weather here in northern California has been pretty dreadful the last couple days. Very dark and grey. It has me dreaming of the first day of spring where I can open the windows and get some fresh air in the house. Looks like a good chunk of the country is bracing for a big winter storm right now. Stay safe and enjoy the snow if you can. I know my kids would go crazy for some of the white stuff right about now.
I spent several evenings this week in front of our fireplace clicking around the blogosphere. Here are a few posts that stuck with me:
- Work Save Live writes Five Ways to Fast-Forward Your Retirement Savings
~ I often consider if I will be able to retire before I reach 93 years of age. Here are 5 great tips to get your retirement mojo going!
- Frugal Rules writes Five Fun and Frugal Last Minute Valentine Gifts for Him
~ A post written by John’s wife! I would LOVE any of these gifts for Valentine’s Day.
- The Frugal Path writes The Benefits of a Mortgage Free Retirement
~ I have the very obtainable goal of owning our home outright by the time I retire. Justin writes about the benefits of doing this.
- The Art of Manliness writes Don’t Waste Your Twenties: Train Your Brain for Lasting Success
~ I wish I had read this post when I was 22 years old, it may have changed my life forever.
- The Wonder of Tech writes A Winter Wonderland of Tech Tips
~ My bloggin’ buddy Carolyn documents some cool ways to protect your smartphone and other tech devices during these freezing months.
- Luke1428 writes Valentine’s Day Shopping For Your Free Spirit – Balancing the Nerd Equation
~ Loved this post and the picture brings back a ton of memories. My daughter was totally Spirit crazy a few years ago. I think I have that movie memorized, which isn’t tough as I think there are only 38 words in the entire flick.
A Blast From The Past:
With Valentine’s Day looming on the horizon, it seems only fitting that I bring this post, which I wrote a few years ago, back to your attention. It is titled 50 Valentine’s Ideas That Won’t Break The Bank and some of my personal favorites include ‘Fill her car with red and white balloons’ and ‘Wear your silk red boxers and dance for her’. Also check out the comments as I got blasted by a couple people. Feel free to comment with your opinion as well!
Happy reading and have a great weekend everyone.
Subscribe to Our RSS Feed
- Frugal Hack #10: Lessons from Warren Buffett
- App of the Week: GigWalk
- Does Online Shopping Lead to Debt, Despair, and Ultimately…Suicide?
- The Psychology of Shopping: JCPenney Coupon Case
- App of the Week: Ibotta
- The Most Frugal Man in America?
- Saving Money for Your First Car Purchase
- Infographic: Sex, Money, and Infidelity on Mother’s Day 2013
Most Popular Posts
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt
- 10 Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now
- 5 Things I Bought New and Wish I Hadnt
- 5 Best Smartphone Apps For Consumers In Debt
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape
- My Old Man: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange?
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please!
- What My Dad Taught Me About Money
Online Coupons Search
Follow The Deals On Facebook!