Helpful Consumer Resources
- Retailers Big Secret: Crack the Price Tag Code - Be sure to print out the PDF cheat sheet and keep it in your purse or wallet. You'll be able to look at the last two digits of the price and deterine if you're getting a good deal at Costco, Target, Home Depot, Office Depot, Sears, Old Navy, and Gap.
- What Day to Shop? 12 Insider Tips on Store Markdowns - Learn what day of the week certain stores do their clearance markdowns so you can maximize your savings.
- 4 Secret Retail Tricks Exposed (and How to Avoid Them!) - This article will inform you of a few tricks retail stores use to try and seperate you from your money.
- Better Business Bureau - Since the founding of the first BBB in 1912, the BBB system has proven that the majority of marketplace problems can be solved fairly through the use of voluntary self-regulation and consumer education.
- Consumer Information Center - Federal Citizen Information Center - answers to your questions about the Federal government and common consumer issues. The citizen's help desk for everyday life.
- Consumer Reports.com - Product Ratings, product reviews, buying guides, product safety recalls and consumer information from the experts at Consumer Union/Consumer Reports Magazine.
- Insurance Information Institute - The Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) is recognized by the media, governments, regulatory organizations, universities and the public as a primary source of information, analysis and referral concerning insurance.
Information on Discounts
- Veteran Discounts - Learn what retailers and companies offer discounts to current and retired military members.
- Teacher Discounts - A useful list of retailers and stores that offer a discount to our irreplaceable educators.
- Senior Discounts - If you are over 55 years of age you'll want to reference this article often.
- Student Discounts - Just show your student ID and collect a sweet discount.
- Employee Discounts - Looking for work? Know these 60+ employee discounts.
- 55+ Restaurants Where Kids Eat For Free - Take the kids out for a free meal this week. Article includes a handy cheat sheet for you to print out.
- March Buying Guide: Where To Find the Deals This Month - Good month to buy laptops, last generation smartphones, and a great month to book a Summer hotel room.
- May Buying Guide: 10 Things To Buy - Products that are a great buy in May include mattresses, car parts, cruises, and dishware.
- September Buying Guide: 10 Things To Buy - Products that are a great buy in September include holiday airfare, summer apparel, BBQ's, and baseball gear.
- October Buying Guide: 10 Things To Buy - Products that are a great buy in October include car tires, major appliances, and digital cameras.
- December Buying Guide: 10 Things To Buy - Score a great Christmas deal on products like tools, NFL tickets, laptop computers, and cars.
Online Shopping & Coupon Tips
- The NEW Rather-Be-Shopping iPhone App - Coupon savings on the go with our new iPhone app. Now you have no excuse to ever be stuck without a coupon to use.
- Use Ship-to-Store and Save Money - Avoid shipping costs and take advantage of the ship-to-store option many stores are implementing.
- How to Sign-Up For Personalized Coupon Alerts - Coupon alerts allow you to get only the coupons you want, when you want them.
- Forgot your Coupon? These Retailers Still Got your Back - Tips on where to find coupons and discounts when you don't walk into the store with one in-hand.
- Ask For a Coupon: Use Live Chat Operators to Score a Coupon - List of online retailers that employ helpful live chat operators who regularly hand out coupon codes.
- 5 Reasons Why Amazon.com Prime Is a Terrible Buy - If you spend money on the annual Amazon Prime membership this article might make you change your mind.
- 13 Unusual (Yet Awesome) Places to Find a Coupon - When it comes to coupons, sometimes you just gotta know were to look.
- Which Retailers Will Price-Match Online Pricing - If you're not holding retailers to their posted price-match policies you're probably overpaying.
- Maximize Savings: Which Retailers Let You Stack Coupons - Learn to stack coupons at popular retail stores in order to maximize your savings.
- 8 Best Return Policies in the Known Universe - I love a great return policy and these eight are the best around.
Christmas Shopping Tips & Tricks
- 4 Black Friday Secrets Retailers Do Not Want You To Know - Get the inside scoop on Black Friday and save money in the process.
- 5 Online Holiday Shopping Scams You Need to be Aware Off - Easy tips to follow to make sure you protect your private information when shopping online.
- 5 Easy Ways to Save Money Christmas Shopping - The deals and bargains are out there, you just have to know where to look.
- Christmas Shopping Tips That Will Keep You Sane - Don't let shopping at the mall stress you out this holiday.
- 10 Must Have Christmas Shopping iPhone Apps - If you have a iPhone or Android you'll want to check out this post before you do any Christmas shopping.
- 5 Easy Ways to Find Extra Cash This Holiday - Check out some creative ways to earn and save money this upcoming Christmas season.
Frugal Living & Budgeting Tips
- 10 Best Ways to Save Money at Costco - If you are a Costco shopper this article is a must read.
- 12 Bad-Ass Blogs That Will Improve Your Life - I don't use the term bad-ass lightly, these blogs are truly great.
- Top 10 Recession Busters - There are some great opportunities to save money during a recession. Read to find out how.
- 3 Ways Frugal Living Leads to Weight Loss - Living proof that these tips truly do work. I lost 35 pounds using these tips.
- Can We Have A Frugal President? - The comments section is the best part about this post. Great stuff.
- Frugality In Practice: Only Buy What You Can Afford, Please! - This post documents the collapse of the housing market and the people that took out crazy home loans.
- Frugal Ways To Get In Shape - Be on the lookout for free calorie burners, they are around you everywhere.
- My Dad: Frugal, Cheap, or Just Strange? - My favorite post on our blog, mainly because it brings back so many great childhood memories of my Dad.
- Frugal Tips You Can Use Right Now - Yes, right now. Not tomorrow, not yesterday, but right this second.
- How I Got Out Of Credit Card Debt - Getting out of credit card can be done. It just takes some patience and a little sacrifice.
Personal Finance Resources
- Pennies Add Up: Saving for Retirement in Little Ways -Always look for less obvious ways in your life to bolster your retirement savings, you will inevitably reach your long-term goals much quicker.