Looking to score a free iPhone? There’s no doubt that the Apple iPhone 6 looks like a pretty amazing smartphone, especially the 6 Plus. Some pretty cool features for sure, especially the big ol’ screen and Apple Pay. If you consider yourself an early tech adopter, and plan to get the new iPhone when it comes out, I have some clever ways to get a free iPhone.
Trade in your iPhone 5 with Amazon for BIG Cash
Do you have an iPhone 5c or 5s and plan to upgrade to iPhone 6? Here is a great way to make it happen and darn break even or even make some money.
- The first thing you have to do is check out the Amazon.com Electronics Trade-In Program.
- For a gently used iPhone 5s (16GB) they’ll give you about $380 via an Amazon Gift Card, which will pretty much score you a free iPhone. The higher the memory the more money you’ll get.
- For a iPhone 5c (16GB) they’ll give you right around $200 which will allow you to essentially get the iPhone 6 for free as they start at $199 with a 2 year contract.
- Perhaps the coolest part of this dealio is that you get to “lock in” your trade-in price and still hold on to your old iPhone for up to 45 days while you wait for your iPhone 6 to come in.
Stuck with a Dinosaur also known as the iPhone 4?
- Don’t fret. Verizon is offering a pretty sweet deal for those with an iPhone 4 or 4s.
- Just bring in your old phone to any Verizon store and they’ll give you a $200 credit when you trade in your iPhone 4.
- You can then use that credit to upgrade to the iPhone 6 and a new 2 year contract with Verizon.
- In the end, you basically get to upgrade your iPhone for free. If you are happy with Verizon and don’t mind the contract then this is a good deal for you.
Get iPhone 6 and MAKE Money with T-Mobile
- Essentially T-Mobile has promised to beat the trade-value offered at all major carriers including AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon.
- From the press release, “T-Mobile will track the market every day to ensure we keep our promise. If a customer can find a better trade-in offer from a major national carrier, T-Mobile will beat that offer, give them the difference back and because we value this help from our customer we will top it off with another $50!”
- Pretty cool. If you are going to upgrade to the iPhone 6 be sure to see what T-Mobile will give you, the worst thing you will do is break even and you might even come out 50 bucks ahead.
Lease the iPhone 6 for $0 Down from Sprint
- Consider leasing the iPhone 6 from Sprint for $20 a month with zero money down via the brand new iPhone For Life Program.
- Pay nothing down and $20/month for 24 months.
- Get their new unlimited data package plan for $50 a month, making your monthly bill $70.
- This lease plan from Sprint is a solid option for new smartphone users who have nothing to trade in.
Are You Stuck Buying the iPhone 6?
If you don’t have an older smartphone to trade-in, at the very least make sure you don’t pay full price. Here is the skinny on how to do it:
- You need to buy from Walmart as they are currently taking pre-orders for the new iPhone AND offering you a discount.
- Specifically, they are selling the 6 Plus for $279 instead of $299, and the regular 6 is $179 instead of $199. Not a huge discount but it’s the best you’re going to find as Apple practically never discounts their new devices.
- Bonus: They will also give you a $15 Walmart e-Gift card when you pick up your device.
- You must walk into your local Walmart to pre-order, unfortunately you can’t do it online.
Ask the Reader: Are you upgrading to the iPhone 6? If so, how are you making it happen so basically score a free iPhone? As always, I appreciate the comments.
By Kyle James