All the Stores That Allow You to Return Items Without a Receipt

January 9, 2015 by Kyle
comments

(Updated 12/21/17) Have you ever been stuck with something that is brand spanking new that you know you’ll NEVER need or use? Since it’s just a couple short weeks after Christmas I am guessing that darn near everyone reading this can relate in one way or another. Whether it be that Duck Dynasty t-shirt and Christmas DVD your Mom gave you, or that 2nd crock pot from the in-laws, there is always something you wish you could return if you just had the dang receipt. Well, now you can, as I researched a bunch of popular retailers that will happily take back items without proof of purchase.

The Stores That Allow you to Return Items Without a Receipt

Costco

Because they keep track of all your purchases on your Costco account, they don’t require a receipt to make a return. They will just look up your buying history on their computer and verify the purchase that way.

Pretty handy, especially since they allow you to return items at practically any point in the products lifespan.

The only exception is electronics which has a 90 day return policy. I have personally returned a Keurig coffee maker without a receipt over a year after I originally purchased it. They took it back with no questions asked.

Home Depot

If you return items to The Home Depot sans receipt you won’t be completely out of luck. From their website, “Returns made without a valid sales receipt or an expired receipt may be exchanged or refunded to a Home Depot store credit or a Home Depot Commercial Account for the lowest advertised price.”

Better than being stuck with a set of wrenches that you’ll never use (or learn to use). Although, it might be a great time to learn to be a DIY’er. Hint, hint.

Kohl’s

Don’t have your receipt? No problem. Kohl’s will still allow you to exchange the item, get a merchandise credit, or get a corporate refund.

Lands’ End

If you are returning an item to Lands’ End without a receipt you have some options. Well…at least one option.

From their website, “If you return an item for which there is no record of purchase, we will issue a refund for the item’s lowest sale price in the form of a Lands’ End Gift Card.” Store credit is better than no credit, right?

Lowe’s

According to the Lowe’s website, “In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, checking account number, MyLowe’s card or by your phone number.” Lowe’s also leaves the option open to only give store credit on returns without a receipt in case they are unable to retrieve said receipt.

Macy’s

If you try to return an item to Macy’s without a receipt, “credit will be issued in the form of a “Happy Returns” Gift Card for the item’s lowest selling price within the last 180 days.” Also, if you are returning an item bought online, and you don’t have a receipt, you can use your order confirmation email instead.

Office Depot

The folks at Office Depot will work with you if you don’t have a receipt but there are a bunch of caveats. First, all returns without a receipt require a valid ID card and tech products without a receipt are NOT returnable.

From the Office Depot website, all other items returned without a receipt “that are active in our computer system will be refunded in the form of an Office Depot or OfficeMax Merchandise Card in an amount equal to the lowest retail price during the preceding 90 days. If that amount is under $10, we will refund in cash.”

ROSS – Dress for Less

While it can be a bit tricky to return an item to Ross without a receipt, it can be done. From their website, “Merchandise returns without a receipt will require a valid picture ID and if approved by the refund system, will be refunded in the form of a store credit or exchanged at the item’s current selling price.”

Hey, always worth a shot. Return items sooner, rather than later, as stuff gets lowered in price quickly at Ross and you’ll want to get the highest price point possible.

Target

Target has the ability to look up your purchase, making an original receipt totally optional. If the item was a gift, and you don’t have a receipt, you are going to be stuck with store credit.

It should be noted that they have this disclaimer on their website, “Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a packing slip or receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.” It keeps the door cracked open just a tiny but so they can deny your return if they think something is fishy.

TJ Maxx

TJ Maxx will happily give you store credit if you return items without a receipt. Your store credit will be redeemable both online or at any retail location.

If you’re returning an online purchase you can use your email confirmation if you lost your packing slip. So start returning items to TJ Maxx without a receipt as store credit is pretty darn good.

Walmart

Walmart also has a liberal return policy when you return items without a receipt. With no receipt, from the Walmart website, “Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card (gift card) for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25) or an even exchange for the product.”

Ask the Reader: Do you know of any other popular stores who will take something back without a receipt? Let me know in the comments and I will check them out. Thanks!

By Kyle James

More Total Awesomeness:

10 Bad-Ass Blogs That Will Improve Your Life 1 - Lifehacker.com (Bad-Ass Meter 9/10) - Lifehacker reminds me of Costco. They have a lot of stuff you didn't know you needed but clearly cannot liv...
The 11 Best Credit Cards for Savvy Shoppers in 201... (Updated 8/28/17) By now savvy shoppers are already aware of the plethora of ways to save money. From coupons to shopping apps, there is no shortage o...
How to Properly Glue Yourself to a Toilet Seat at ... "Woman Glues Herself to Home Depot Toilet Seat." Yes, you read that headline correctly. Back on November 27th, a woman actually entered the public ...
How To Ask and Get an Amazon Price Adjustment (Eve... (Updated 12/14/17) It looks like this will only work on TV's now, stay tuned to see if this new Amazon policy sticks. Because Amazon changes prices so...
The Smartest and Dumbest Buys at Your Local Walmar... (Updated 11/06/17) The mention of the word "Walmart" can cause quite a divide among shoppers. Many love the low prices and selection and shop there re...
Valentine’s Day: Make It Affordably Awesome ... Last year, according to the National Retail Federation, the average person spent just under $135 on Valentine's Day, with total spending over 17 billi...

Comments

57 Responses to “All the Stores That Allow You to Return Items Without a Receipt”

1. mary schmidt on January 10th, 2015 2:39 pm

KOHLS–Before Christmas I was able to receive full refund for an item without the receipt. They were able to pull up the transaction using my ID and the debit card that was used in the transaction. I was able to get a full refund rather than the lesser sale price which they first offered me. I told them that I had paid more for the item than the first offered price. Then they asked for the ID and the card used and pulled up the transaction.

2. Chris on January 20th, 2015 11:18 pm

As long as the store still sells what you bought there (at Bed Bath and Beyond) they will take it back no questions asked. You don’t need the receipt or even the packaging. Just make sure you have everything. I returned a vacume that I had for a couple years that stopped working. They still sold it so they took it back. They even let me pay the difference and upgrade to the next model.

3. Laurence on January 9th, 2017 3:27 pm

Well not in my case I have some cutlery and some pot that were bought at another store that I tried to return them to they told me they record of it whatsoever and then Cab Company items and they gave me a receipt saying that once they find it they will gladly give me a call that hasn’t happened yet and that was by the month show yeah I don’t really appreciate that the return policy that could have just been me and didn’t want to deal with a black man and believe me racism is still alive and well

4. Phil on January 10th, 2017 5:31 am

They have no record of it because you bought the items from another store. Try returning the items to the store you purchased them from.

5. Dominic on March 24th, 2017 10:50 pm

It’s not a black thing it’s more like you were trying to scam them into giving you money for something that wasn’t even bought from them in the first place and it didn’t work. “Pulling the race card when something doesn’t benefit you is still alive and well”

6. trevv on January 21st, 2015 8:15 pm

LOWES has placed a $100 limit on items you can return without a receipt. If your gift sells for more than $100, better have a receipt or the credit card used to paid for it. Thanks for the article.

7. kl on March 24th, 2015 11:26 pm

Can you return without a receipt items that total over $100 for store credit though?

8. billy on October 8th, 2015 4:18 am

Yes you can but I do think they have the right to refuse it over 200.00 and maybe a lot if smaller questionable items that could be easily pocketed and returned(understandable).

9. Justin Hardy on October 28th, 2015 8:29 pm

That’s probably just in your state for the $100 returns, because i do returns that are up to $600 at Lowe’s without receipts

10. Kay on January 10th, 2016 1:32 am

How did u do that?

11. lowesredemer on January 17th, 2016 6:59 am

Are you dense? Lol…why would you advertise that….wow! I can picture the lifestyle!

12. Elle on May 29th, 2016 11:49 am

As a former Home Depot associate, I can tell you that returns of high value (like $600+) are far from uncommon and not cause for an automatic assumption of theft. Contractors, for example, return big ticket items and left over materials without a receipt all the time. Because home improvement stores rely on Pro business far more than many small sales from families, we bend over backwards to keep them happy.

13. mark on April 20th, 2017 8:48 pm

What state do u live in cause i need THAT

14. mike watsey on October 18th, 2016 9:15 pm

lowes will return ANYTHING without a receipt on your 1st or 2nd time doing it up to about 500

15. Weezy on March 11th, 2017 12:36 am

What type of items do they accept without receipt?

16. Justin on March 21st, 2017 7:06 am

Not true. I just returned almost $200 worth of merchandise yesterday without a receipt

17. john on March 28th, 2015 1:26 am

best buy will return items without receipt more likely if the item was never open

18. Manda on May 10th, 2015 4:13 am

Kohl’s no longer issues actual gift cards for no-receipt returns, you get a gift certificate that looks like a paper check with your name on it and they mail it to you in 7-10 days, just like Old Navy does. Best Buy returns depending on the manager’s preference, and phone accessories i.e. cases, chargers, etc. will not be accepted without a receipt. I personally have returned $150+ worth of merchandise at Lowe’s and Home Depot without a receipt. Wal-Mart will accept up to $100-$150 worth most of the time, depending on the store, and you have 3 returns/exchanges without a receipt per 45 days. JC Penny’s will return but only give you the lowest selling price EVER, so $200+ worth of clothes can equal less than $25 in store credit. Office Depot will not return printer ink without a receipt. Target will allow a no-receipt return worth $75-$80 per year. Dillard’s, Pet Smart, Old Navy, Earth Fare will also allow no-receipt returns most of the time as well. Marshall’s/Home Goods/TJ Maxx will allow up to $200 worth, depending on the specific manager’s discretion and they usually will deny returns for smaller and more expensive items that can be easily stolen, like sunglasses, make-up, perfume/cologne, and some wallets. Please keep in mind, this is only based on my personal experience!

19. Ron on August 21st, 2015 12:30 pm

Walmart’s policy as far as how many returns you can do without a receipt in a given period of time vary state to state. In Virginia you can only return 3 times per year without a receipt. In Michigan you get 3 returns without a receipt every 6 months. And if you’re a dedicated returner without a receipt person (you know what I’m talking about…..) the systems at Walmart are not linked between states. They also do not go by your name to track the returns. They go by your drivers license number. Say you have a Michigan drivers license, and a Virginia license. You can return 6 times every 6 months in Michigan using the 2 ID’s or 6 every 12 months if you’re in Virginia using both ID’s…

20. Francis on April 30th, 2016 2:18 am

In Arizona, Wal Mart allows 3 returns without receipt every 45 days up to $50.00 each. Some locations allow 3 returns every 45 days without receipt up to $25.00 each. Those are few & far between. Every now & then, you’ll get an employee who sees you have maybe $10 over the $50 per return without receipt limit & will allow you to get a Wal Mart card with credit up to $60.00 or so. However, if you ask a Wal Mart employee what the policy is, they’ll tell you it’s 3 returns every year without receipt up to $50.00 each. Not sure why they aren’t better informed.

Similar to Target when they changed their policy (in Arizona. Not sure about other states.) a year ago to somewhere around $300.00 per year without receipt. It used to be $75.00 a year. Not 1 employee knows the limit nor do they know that it’s around $300.00. Some, very few, locations still go by the $75.00 outdated policy & don’t allow a larger return. That may be per visit, though. Not sure if those few locations that limit the credit amount being given to $75.00, do so per visit, only. Or if they see in their system that the customer had been given credit for items returned without a receipt prior to the current return they are attempting to process & will then deny the transaction due to not being able to exceed the $75.00 yearly without receipt return limit, or so they believe it to be.

None of it makes sense because I would imagine employees would realize when a customer has reached their policy regulated limit, the system won’t allow credit to be given & will stop the transaction via automated tracking per drivers license number used. As this does happen somewhere around the $300.00 per year mark. Whether a customer does 4 returns around $70.00 each or 2 returns close to $150.00 each or 1 return at about $280.00, the system will deny additional credit to be given at a certain dollar amount. There is no rhyme or reason for it since I’ve seen people denied at $240.00, $290.00, $320.00, $275.00, whatever. I’ve gathered that $300.00 is on average, the amount that’s rarely exceeded.

21. Joe on December 12th, 2015 9:56 pm

From my experience, Target does not have a limit of $75-$80 per year. I just made two returns back to back without a receipt and was issues store credit for both. One item was $216 and the other was $165 (total of $381). Also I made a recent return without a receipt to Home Depot for $276. I was given in store credit as well. I have also returned at Kohls without a receipt just last week and received in store credit, not some coupon mailed to me. The one you have to watch out for is Walmart. They are starting to limit returns over $40 without a receipt and the Manager must approve anything over that amount. The Manager will give you some run around about it in some cases.

22. Bri on January 31st, 2016 3:17 am

What state are you in??? Anyone in Cincinnati area with info??

23. Holli on December 22nd, 2016 3:13 am

I worked at a nicer Walmart for 4.5 years and I can tell you that at least my store got rid of the price limits after a while. Our front end ASM decided that imposing such a limit wouldn’t really stop the thieves who found ways around it, and our system could track your ID for no receipt returns for the entire country. If you returned something over $10 and a few days later did it again, we knew where and what day you did it and we strictly enforced the three return limit. Most people returning things without receipts seemed to be honest but there’s always someone wanting to cheat the system.

24. joe2 on December 15th, 2015 8:37 am

At alot of these places if you exchange your item without a receipt, for another item of the same value, ,they will give you a recipt when you do the exchange. You can then bring the exchanged product back and receive cash.

25. Motörhead on December 15th, 2015 2:54 pm

Umm no you will not get cash back as the receipt will
    show that your original item was exchanged for credit or like item.
    You will maybe get another store credit depending on how sketchy you look/act when you go back in.

26. Ana on March 2nd, 2017 7:07 am

Walmart doesnt do that!! I Work for Walmart if somebody bring an exchange item for return we always asked for the original receipt if the customer tell is doesn’t have then we give store credit if some Wal-Mart’s give cash is depend the person to take care but in my store we don’t do that!!.

27. mary jane on December 21st, 2015 8:04 am

ive recently for some reason have been doing alot of returns w no receipt….at walmart you get 3 returns every six months.i a hispanic female was only given 2 $50 returns then $26.whereas my white cute bf got one for $62 then $106 then $49.it seems easiest for the first one and as you go it gets harder on your third.a friend of ours did $40 then $46 then $26. it pays to be babyfaced in walmart.and white.i have tattoes and our friend is kinda shifty looking. target.you get 3 no receipt returns every 180 days.my man got $28 a $54 and a $48. our friend was denied 6-7 times.never got a return at target.i had already used mine earlier in the year…jcpenny.they only give two returns wout receipt every 180 days. and their haircare products you only get half. it doesnt seem like their as raceist as walmart….$106 my first one.second was $76.my man hasnt gone there yet…homedepo…i got $88. so far thats all weve done…oh on a side note resale stores for sports gear you can sell sports gear for cash.

28. Moonie on December 26th, 2015 2:49 pm

Fred Meyer will also do that although I believe they are only local to the Pacific Northwest

29. yoga on January 3rd, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi,
    I purchased a dress (Baba suit) for my kid and it was not fit perfectly and he wore that still but the next day the button was gone and he could not wear that. I did not have the receipt and went to return.

Night time around 10 pm I went to the walmart which opens 24/7 and customer service person said use on of the billing location. I waited more than 15 mins in the purchasing queue and I said the situation then asked is it possible to return?

That employee told that why you guys are not keeping the receipt and it is a hassle for us to do return without receipt. Also said if you stand 8 hrs then you know the pain. Also said that it is used and returning, is it worth returning for the money?

I said that ok I am sorry give it back I don’t want to trouble you. But she tried with some tag inside and asked manager finally they said cannot return it without receipt.

This was so embarrassing to me, without the button no one can wear. I have to trash it.

Not sure, I did anything wrong on this but I felt so sad on the the billing women, who is old and expressed her feelings. Still I cannot accept the way she talked. If the customer service person would have told come next day, I might have visited next day.

Customer service persons may be trained to handle customers but not the billing persons, they should not send customers there.

Also I think, they feel return happens just for money after use, in this case they why they accept returns?

Thanks

30. English as primary language on June 14th, 2016 12:51 am

“I purchased a dress (Baba suit) for my kid and it was not fit perfectly and he wore that still but the next day the button was gone and he could not wear that.”

1st, why is your son wearing a dress?

2nd, why are you complaining about people that return items after having worn them?

3rd, if your dress-wearing son wore a dress long enough for this button to come off, how can you have the nerve to even attempt a return? And you are surprised and embarrassed that they didn’t give you a refund? Most would be too embarrassed to attempt a refund in your case!

Btw, English is the native language of this country. When used in a forum such as this, your point would be more easily understood if you could get a better grasp of it. And a dress for your son that is trash because of a missing button? Sewing a button can be a handy skill. Especially when raising cross dressing children.

Good luck to you! 8/

31. abby on December 31st, 2016 9:20 am

you clearly understood what they were trying to say because you replied to every sentence they made, so what is the real problem? do you know how hard it is to learn english when it’s not your native language? i think it was very easy to understand. BTW there is no official language of the united states english is just the most popularly spoken one. the REAL native languages in this country barely exist anymore because the natives were massacred by people with the same mindset as you! take your blind nationalist ignorance somewhere else

32. Crystal on January 16th, 2016 1:23 pm

Ross does however they give the current price so you can loose a lot, theft is huge there so it’s a concern, target used to have a limit of no receipt returns but usually you can call corp and they will waive it, same with Ross. I have heard that Macy’s lets you return almost anything even used FYI, but I think they require receipt.

33. Barbara on February 4th, 2016 11:59 pm

Walmart employees will tell you that you only get 3 receiptless returns within 6 months, which isn’t true. You get 3 within 90 days but the trick is that you have to wait 90 days from the 3rd return for their system to clear. On the 91st day, when you do a receiptless return it will be like your first return. On the 89th day, the system will flag and the manager will see that you’ve done 3 recently and they will decline it
    Target had recently changed their receiptless returns Bc it use to be only $75 a year that you could return. But this past year, I’ve been able to get a lot more returned to target without an issue.
    Kohls, any receiptless return over $200 will be sent to corporate and they will send you a merchandise credit. Once that happens, any receiptless return you attempt to do at Kohls will be sent to corporate for them to send you a credit.
    Happy returns 🙂

34. Sherril on February 19th, 2016 3:16 pm

Home depot in the state of ga. No longer takes returns without a reciept.

35. Ken on April 6th, 2016 12:32 pm

My dad just gave me a TV that he won in a raffle. It had a Costco sticker on it, so I took it over to Coscto. They shook their heads and called a manager. Then the manager came and she shook her head and said that I needed the original receipt and only the original purchaser could return it. I wanted to exchange it for store credit so I could get a different tv.

36. Francis on April 30th, 2016 2:43 am

In Arizona, this is what I have found: Petsmart, Petco, Marshalls, T.J.Maxx, Home Goods, Bed Bath & Beyond, Frys Grocery, Safeway, Albertsons, Walgreens, CVS, Best Buy, Staples, Office Max, Dicks Sporting Goods, Winco, Big 5, Crate & Barrel, Auto Zone, J.Crew, J.Crew outlet, Ross, Target, J.C.Penney, Kohls, Wal Mart, Toys R Us, Babies R Us, Lowes, Home Depot, Victoria’s Secret, Joannes, Michaels, Old Navy, Bashas Grocery, & The Disney Store will all give store credit for returns done without a receipt. These are only stores that I know about first hand.

There are a lot of other stores I’ve heard will give credit. I was either informed by other people or in reading online policies. Unless I personally have succeeded at receiving credit without a receipt, I wouldn’t put it on the list of stores. And store policy really doesn’t mean a whole lot unless a company just doesn’t do any refunds without receipt, no exceptions. Other than that, even if online policy says they do & in calling corporate office you are told they do, none of that means anything when u walk in & are at the register. At that point, whatever employee you speak with or whatever the manager of that location has told employees is the supposed policy according to themselves is the only answer that is going to be legit in that moment. At which point, even if different policy is plastered all over the register in large, red, bold print in your favor & you get corporate on the phone because earlier u were told you would be able to receive credit without a receipt, you will now be told by corporate that each location has the right to decide case by case whether or not to give out store credit in exchange for returned items that are unopened. As for all those big, bold, red signs screaming that you can return items without a receipt & be given store credit? Well they’re apparently all for show. Mere decorations to brighten up the place.

37. Shopper on April 13th, 2017 8:14 pm

I love your follow up on how it doesn’t matter what corporate says or what the stores own policy is. It’s always up to the store associate who’s helping you. I’ve returned a few things with or without a receipt and when I’m at the return counter I’ll get a different answer and explanation of what the store/corporate policy is, even at the exact same stores I have had this happen.

38. Out of Luck at The Home Depot on May 22nd, 2016 1:52 pm

I can tell you that The Home Depot does not allow returns on items for which you do not have a receipt. Someone brought me two packs of Bosch blades to use on my Dremel oscillating tool. Of course, Bosch blades do not work on Dremel so I brought the unopened package back to the HD to exchange for the correct blades. Keep in mind that I have been renovating an abandoned house since October of 2015 and have spent THOUSANDS in the HD. The clerk asked for my DL. She typed in my number, and my refund was declined. She tried it three more times with the same result. She gave me a number to call when I got home. I called the number and reached a third party vendor. Turns out, they track non-receipt returns. It was my first, but I am now in their database. Not cool. If you try to return an item without a receipt and they ask for your license do not give it to them or risk being put in their database. I wish I had a Lowe’s closer to my house so I could give them my business.

39. K 9 on May 10th, 2017 3:38 pm

Lowes uses the same verification system actually a lot of stores do its a consumer reporting company that records your purchase and return activity. The company is called The Retail Equation I looked them up on The Better Business Bureau website and read the complaints. There was a couple people that asked for their file to be removed and they actually did it but if they did another return at any of those stores a new file would be made on them keeping track of their activity.

40. llynn on June 20th, 2016 5:38 pm

Walmart on Hwy 76 in Branson Missouri gave me a shopping card for my $6.45 return instead of cash. I didn’t argue with it, but I was sure they were supposed to do cash for small returns like that! 🙁

41. Jim Lahey on August 9th, 2016 9:45 pm

They do fat returns all day! I think it’s limited to 3 per lifetime. But heck just have your wife Linda max out her limit! Then her whole book club!

42. Ali on November 25th, 2016 4:50 pm

Do you know if adidas can help me exchange a pair of my shoes without a receipt? I just wanna know if a receipt is actually needed at adidas.

43. Holli on December 22nd, 2016 3:06 am

If you have a physical L.L. Bean store near you and have an item of theirs you want to return, they have by far the most liberal return policy I’ve ever seen. I once accidentally ripped my beloved L.L. Bean jacket and returned it (without a receipt too I think) and they accepted it, no questions asked. They gave me a gift card which I proceeded to use on a slightly cheaper jacket and since the difference left on the card was less than $5, they gave me that back in cash. Great store and great customer service! Plus their products are ridiculously durable, as I still have a backpack purchased almost ten years ago and aside from some dirt on the bottom that won’t ever come out by now, it still looks almost new.

44. Kittie on December 28th, 2016 12:30 am

I know the Rue21 (clothing store) has very liberal policies. If you don’t have a receipt they can look you up in their database or you just get the lowest recent price of the item. You can make as many returns as you want and always get cash back, even on ripped stuff.

45. Terri Smiley on December 31st, 2016 5:51 am

In my experience stores don’t always follow the return policies that are listed on their websites. The customer service representative doesn’t either. There seems to be no consistency anywhere. Each manager has their on personal guidelines to how they handle returns. The same goes for the customer service employee it depends on who trained them. A couple examples:
    I bought a 14.99 bottle of wine ffor a party at Kroger. The event was cancelled. Well since I don’t drink I decided to return it since I still had the receipt. I then went to the Kroger to get my refund. I went to the nearest Kroger to return it. I was told there was No problem with giving a refund for it however it could only be done at the location whereit was purchased. So I.went there and was told by manager that it was against the law to return alcohol. I knew that wasn’t true because I had looked up the laws in Virginia before even trying to return it. I.did express this to the manager. He then proceeded to tell me it was a ABC law. That wasn’t true either. Well, I decided to go back to that location a week later hoping a different manager was there. I went no questions asked was instantly given my refund. I have done this several times since then with other stores when needing to return something and every time, every employee and every store gave me a different result. So my advice is if you don’t get it done at one place if possible try another and another eventually you will succeed.

46. Todd oviedo on February 26th, 2017 3:53 am

Let me update your info.First,Wal Mart may state that they give your choice of up to $25 cash back on returns without receipts,however every store I’ve faced with the policy information,has very adamantly refused to give cash back,even for a $249 return.So that is untrue.N ext,Home depot has recently put into action a way of screening all returns without receipts,and so for,every time I’ve tried to return an item,theyve flat out refused the return,with a little piece of paper stating that I’ve been refused the return,and as for the reason,to call this 1-800 number,to which when called,tgey tell you they have refused the return because they’re computer analyzed the stores loss and just refused it.nothing of a real reason at all.so they have pretty much done away with alno receipt returns. NB ow,should mention that all stores now require a valid ID card for returns,and you are limited to only 3 no receipt returns in a short time period,which varies from 3 months,to one year.so there are some useful tips if you’re trying to return something to any of these stores.

47. Rob on March 27th, 2017 11:03 am

I went to my Lowe’s today to return an item without a receipt and they denied ANY refund without a valid receipt. Won’t be shopping there again!

48. angela cox on April 8th, 2017 6:08 pm

Bought an item about two weeks ago from Edge look lost my receipt tried to return it with the store price tag attached and they refused to even issued an exchange demanding a receipt.the item was in good condition . reason for return was not the correct size

49. angela cox on April 9th, 2017 3:36 am

Edge look.refuse exchange because i did not have a receipt even though the store price tag was attached to the garment

50. Jen on May 11th, 2017 9:24 am

At fred Myers they only do 1 non-receipted return with government issued ID up to $75 in a 90 day period.

51. Amanda on June 17th, 2017 1:28 am

How about old navy and forever 21

52. kasey on July 10th, 2017 1:42 pm

old navy will issue a corporate refund meaning that you will never get it. they leave it to the discretion of their team at their headquarters and its a real hassle even to get ahold of them.

53. Luke on September 6th, 2017 4:37 am

ALDI has a great no receipt return policy near me. Also they do double back. So give your money back and give you a replacement item.

54. Ivana on September 15th, 2017 12:43 pm

Michaels has a sad return policy. I recently lost my receipt for a picture frame for $50 and they are giving me only 50% return and that too on a store credit! I am even returning the item in the original packing! Don’t think I will shop there again….. Very disappointing!!

55. mrbreth on October 4th, 2017 1:36 am

Walmart limits no-receipt returns to three per year…Also, you must provide a photo ID each time you return without a receipt…

56. Lizz on December 4th, 2017 1:35 pm

Walmart will not allow returns without a receipt on items totaling more than $50 each.

57. You people are stupid! on January 5th, 2018 9:09 am

The answer to all your problems? KEEP YOUR DAMN RECEIPT! Problem solved. There is so much theft in retail it’s unbelievable! “I got this as a gift, I don’t know where they bought it but I want to return it to your store.” Is a scenario we hear every day. It’s your own fault you are not responsible enough to keep a receipt; not the retailers. Grow up, become adults and be responsible for your own crap! I know so difficult.. poor babies.