Target is close to making right on their massive security breach from 2013. Court documents filed in March show they have set aside $10 million to pay victims, up to $10,000 each. To be eligible, you must be able to clearly prove actual harm. They have set up a dedicated website where you can file your claim and get more information on the class action lawsuit.
If you’ve experienced at least one of the following, and used a credit or debit card at a Target location between November 27, 2013 and December 18, 2013, you may be eligible.
- Unauthorized credit or debit card charges which haven’t been reimbursed.
- Personal time spent addressing unauthorized charges.
- Costs associated with getting a credit report fixed.
- Higher interest rates or fees on accounts as a result of the breach.
- Credit-related costs.
- Costs required to replace a Social Security number, phone number or identification.
You Could Get Up to $10,000 | Target Class Action Lawsuit
Photo by Mike Mozart.