With the new iPhone releasing today, it has many Apple loyalists asking the question, “Is it worth upgrading to the iPhone 7?” After all, it doesn’t make sense to pay to upgrade to a phone that is only slightly better than the one in your pocket. So to help you out, I’ve done the painstaking research required to break down the new iPhone7 features as well as the places that’ll buy your iPhone 6 (or 5) for a pretty decent price tag.
Is the iPhone 7 Worth the Upgrade?
If you’re thinking about upgrading, here are the major features of the new iPhone 7 that might sway your decision one way or another.
- Better Camera. It has a 12MP camera on the back (2 camera lenses on the back of the iPhone 7 Plus for better zoom, up to 10x). 7MP HD camera on the front. It’s also water-resistant, 4 led flash, has stereo speakers, access to RAW files, optical and video image stabilizer, and a longer battery life.
- Lightning Earbuds: Headphone jack is gone on the iPhone 7. Now you just plug your new iPhone 7 ear buds into the lightning (charger) jack.
- AirPods ($159): Wireless ear buds for music and audio. They also allow you to access Siri with a double tap. 5 hours of listening on a single charge. Very easy to connect across all of your Apple devices. You’ll have to buy these bad boys separately.
- More Storage: 16GB is gone. The iPhone 7 starts at 32GB, then goes up to 128GB and 256GB.
- Home Button: More responsive, less buggy. Better customization options.
- Better Battery Life: 14 hour of WiFi browsing on a single charge. 2 more hours on average than the 6s.
- Faster Processing Speed w/ A10 Fusion: The iPhone 7 is twice as fast as the 6 and 240 times faster than the original iPhone.
- Water Resistant: Drop it in the sink or toilet and you stand a great chance of salvaging it. No rice required.
So, what do you think? Perhaps knowing how much you can sell your old iPhone for would help you make a decision. Keep reading…
Best Places to Sell Your Old iPhone…
Here’s a handy comparison of the best offers from some of the most popular trade-in companies for a 16GB space gray iPhone 6 on the Verizon network.
Flipsy: $300 cash w/ free shipping.
NextWorth: $245 cash w/ free shipping.
Apple Trade-Up: $225 gift card w/ free shipping.
Verizon: $210 credit w/ free shipping.
Gazelle: $164 cash w/ free shipping.
What About eBay?
eBay.com remains a great option to sell your gently used iPhone. Looking trough the completed eBay listing of the Verizon iPhone 6 (16GB) you can sell yours for about $300, even higher if you kept it in a protective case like an Otter Box.
Wondering when you can get your hands on the new iPhone? You can pre-order the iPhone7 staring on Friday, September 9th. The phone will then be released to the general public one week later on September 16th.
Ask the Reader: So are you upgrading? What features on the new iPhone7 have you giddy with excitement?
By Kyle James