I have to admit, it always feels good when I buy an item that’s made in the good ol’ USA. Not only do I know that I’m helping keep jobs in America, but I’m almost always getting an item that’s much higher quality and designed to stand up to the test of time.
So with that in mind, I figured it was time to do some research and find all of the popular clothing, apparel, and shoe retailers and brands that are 100% made in the U.S.A.. Hope this list helps you shop America first.
Apparel Brands Made in the USA
- All American Clothing – As the name would suggest, the high-quality apparel at the All American Clothing Company is made right here on home soil, guaranteed. Free shipping on $99 or more too.
- All USA Clothing – This company, based in Keego Harbor, Michigan, is 100% American made, with pride.
- American Apparel – One of the more recognizable clothing brands on this list, all American Apparel styles are made in Los Angeles. The Dov Charney brainchild also offers free shipping and returns on $50 or more.
- American Giant – I love how they cut costs by not having any brick & mortar stores or billboard advertising. “The savings we get from cutting store and marketing costs, we redeploy into producing great product in the USA.”
- American Trench – Score free shipping and free returns from American Trench. They’ve manufactured all of their clothing in the USA since 2012.
- Askov Finlayson – Their pants are WAY expensive but they’re made in the US and you’ll score free shipping on $100 or more.
- Battenwear – Very popular jackets, cardigans, vests, bags, hats, and pants all USA made.
- Baldwin Denim – These will be the coolest jeans you’ll own and you’ll feel good about buying from a company with midwest roots in Kansas City.
- Black Halo – You’ll get free ground shipping on any order. They make stylish apparel for women.
- Buck Mason – With a name like Buck Mason, their clothing has to be made in the USA. They sell a full line of stylish men’s apparel and outerwear.
- Bullet Blues – They sell designer jeans and apparel, all made with quality in the United States.
- Columbiaknit – “Located in the beautiful state of OREGON, USA. A locally owned company, taking pride in making beautiful, durable, high quality garments. The entire process from knitting of the fabric, through cutting, sewing and shipping is done in our Portland factory.”
- Dehen 1920 – These guys have been around for over 100 years making quality varsity jackets, sweaters, and even uniforms.
- Emerson Fry – Beautifully designed women’s apparel designed and made in the United States.
- Epaulet – Score free shipping on $50+ and shop from stylish apparel for men and women.
- FairEnds – Popular seller and designer of cool hats, t-shirts, and accessories. All made with care in California.
- Flynn Skye – Stylish American-made women’s clothing, specializing in jumpers, bodysuits, tops, and bottoms.
- Gitman Bros. – From their webiste, “Our shirt factory is located in Ashland, PA and our neckwear factory in Pilot Mountain, NC. Our wholesale showroom and corporate office is located in New York City.”
- Grown & Sewn – Popular clothing for men and women. All orders come with free shipping within the U.S. – all clothing is made in the good ol’ US of A as well.
- Hackwith Design House – Free shipping when you buy 2 or more items.
- Hanky Panky – They sell American made lingerie and sleepwear and offer free shipping on $75 or more.
- Hart Schaffner Marx – From their site, “Since our beginning in 1887, we have devoted ourselves to dress men around the world in well-crafted, understated, elegant clothing proudly made in the USA.”
- Hickey Freeman – Fine suits, tuxedos, dress shirts, and ties, all made right here in the US.
- Hill-Side, The – Great collection of wool blend jackets, vests, shirts, and more.
- Imogene and Willie – Back in in 2009 they set up shop in Nashville, Tennessee, in a 1950s service station. Ever since they’ve been selling their American-made jeans to the style conscious.
- Karen Kane – Free ground shipping on all orders. I like their philosophy too, “clothing that lasts longer than a single season and can far outlive any trend it represents.”
- LC King – Handmade clothing made in Bristol, TN for four generations.
- Levi’s Vintage Clothing (LVC) – The Levi jeans that are made in the USA are way high-quality when compared to the jeans made overseas.
- Loggerhead Apparel – With a name like Loggerhead, their clothing must be made in USA. Also, if you spend $75 or more you qualify for free shipping.
- Michael Stars – Clothing for men and women, all made in the US with pride. “Approximately 75% of our garments are cut and sewn right here in Los Angeles, the birthplace of Michael Stars. 60% of those garments are locally washed and dyed.”
- Nanette Lepore – They sell very stylish dresses, tops, jackets, coats, sweaters, and bottoms. They also offer free shipping on $250 or more.
- New England Shirt Co. – Very popular shirts that were actually featured in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- Oxxford Clothes – Amazing quality and pride put into their men’s fine clothing. From their site, “Collars and lapels are hand-stitched with 2,950 stitches or more to ensure shape and balance.” That’s a lot of stitches, wow.
- Outlier – Cool clothing company who makes technical clothing designed for the office and the outdoors.
- Pendleton Woolen Mills – I own a Pendleton shirt and it’s one of my favs. Be sure to collect free shipping on $150+ with code FREESHIP.
- Raleigh Denim – From their HQ in Raleigh, NC, this couple team makes high-quality jeans for men and women.
- Rogue Territory – Very cool denim line that morphed into a full collection of rugged apparel.
- Schott – These guys make really high-quality leather jackets and accessories.
- SportPort – All of their athletic compression clothing is made in “America by employees in clean and safe working environments while earning a fair wage, unlike other manufacturing countries who tolerate the exploitation of their workers, including children, in unsafe conditions for low pay.”
- Tanner Leather – Very nice leather belts and leather accessories, all made in Portland, Oregon.
- Taylor Stitch – “Overbuilt clothing for every occasion.” Cool tag line and very cool styles at Taylor Stitch.
- Todd Shelton – “Premium Clothing for Men and Women – Made in USA”
- True Religion – The jeans at True Religion are made in the USA and are hand built to stand up to all conditions.
- Unis – Popular and trendy clothing that comes with free shipping on $250 or more.
- Velva Sheen – “Simpler, Better for everyday basics.”
- Wild Fox – “The contemporary women’s line designed in sunny L.A. has embodied the effortlessly yet edgy ethos of California, since it was launched in 2007.”
Shoes/Footwear Brands Made in the USA
- Alden of New England – “Alden is now the only original New England shoe and bootmaker remaining of the hundreds who began so long ago.”
- Allen Edmonds – Allen Edmonds has been handcrafting fine welted “Made in the USA” shoes since 1922. They stand behind every pair of shoes they make and offer free shipping and returns too.
- Capps Shoe Company – Their shoes are made by highly skilled American men and women and come in over 105 sizes, ranging from 4 to 13 and widths from 5A to 2E
- The Frye Company – Their “Made in the USA” collection of shoes is very popular as each pair is designed to last forever (or close to it).
- Lucchese Boots -The Lucchese family has been making high-quality boots for over 130 years, all in the United States. Free shipping on $100 or more too.
- Munro Shoes – If you’re looking for a comfy pair of work shoes that are made in the USA. Look no further than Munro.
- Oakstreet Bootmakers – All boots are hand-crafted in America. Get free shipping on all domestic orders.
- Quoddy – Some of the most comfortable handmade slippers in the known world.
- Rancourt and Company – Handcrafted in Maine since 1967. Be sure to sign-up for their newsletter and get 10% off your first order.
- Red Wing Heritage line – Since 1905, each Red Wing shoe is handmade by an American who takes pride in their work. They also offer free shipping and free returns on every purchase.
- Russell Moccasin Co. – Based in Berlin, Wisconsin, Russell Moccasin has been handmade in America since 1898.
- SAS Shoes – SAS stands for San Antonio Shoemakers and they’ve been producing very high-quality shoes since 1976.
- SOM Footwear – SOM, also known as Sense of Motion Footwear, is proudly made in the USA. Colorado specifically. All of their shoes come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- Telic Footwear – Telic specializes in really comfy sandals that are a must if you suffer from plantar fasciitis or have low arches. All of their products are 100% US made.
Ask the Reader: What apparel or shoe brands are made in the USA that I may have missed? Let me know in the comments and I’ll take a look.
By Kyle James
Photo credit to Harika Reddy.