Best Buy Return Policy: 8 Things You Need To Know (Plus a Few Hacks Too!)

February 9, 2017 by Kyle
comments

(Updated 11/03/17) I’m not gonna lie, the Best Buy return policy is kind of confusing. Different lengths of time to return stuff, different ways to return items, and some products that you flat-out can’t return. Because of all these factors I figured it was time to put the fingers on the keyboard and straighten it all out for my readers. Here’s everything you need to know about Best Buy’s return policy, plus a few hacks to make it work even better.

Best Buy Return Policy: 8 Things You Need To Know

How Does the Best Buy Return Policy Work?

Here’s the skinny so you can actually make the Best Buy return policy work for you.

• In-Store Return – You can return an item bought at Best Buy or BestBuy.com directly to any brick & mortar location. To make the return go smoothly bring in your receipt or packing slip, the credit card used, and a valid photo ID.
  • Return by Mail:
    • Do-It-Yourself – You pick the carrier, use the included Return Form on your packing slip, and pay for the shipping yourself. No packing slip? Print this blank one and fill it out. Refund will be processed with 2-3 business days of receiving your item.
    • Use the Prepaid Return LabelPrint a prepaid return label, pay nothing upfront, and send your item back to Best Buy for a refund via UPS. Expect the cost of the return shipping to be deducted from your refund unless the return is a result of a Best Buy error.

To avoid any possible return shipping fees, it’s definitely worth the effort to try and make your return in-store.

See Also: The Best Buy Price Match Policy: Tips To Help You Save BIG

How Many Days Do I Have to Return Something?

Cell Phones and Devices with a Carrier Contract – 14 days for everyone.

Wedding Registry Items – 60 days from date of purchase.

Everything Else (like 99% of the stuff they sell) – 15 days for regular Best Buy customers. 30 days for Best Buy Elite members. 45 days for Elite Plus members.

In case you were wondering, and who wasn’t, a Best Buy Elite (and Plus) membership is earned via their free Rewards Program. You have to spend at least $1,500 for Elite status in a calendar year and at least $3,500 for Elite Plus.

How Do I Return a Gift to Best Buy?

If you return a gift bought at Best Buy by walking into a physical store, you’ll get store credit for the purchase price.

For gifts returned via mail, they’ll credit the gift purchaser and notify them via e-mail.

What Can’t I Return to Best Buy?

There are some products you can’t return to Best Buy. Here they are:

Final Sale Items – These are clearance products marked as “Final Sale”. If you’re not sure if item is Final Sale, ask an employee before you purchase it.

Special Orders – You’ll only get 85% of the original price refunded. These are items that are typically ordered directly from the manufacturer and not stocked by Best Buy.

Digital Content – This includes games and software that can be downloaded.

Prepaid Cards – This includes prepaid cards from Nintendo, AT&T, Verizon, eBay, and Disney.

Gift Packaging – Pretty obvious. This would be really hard to return.

Membership Costs – This includes the annual Geek Squad membership.

Completed Services – This refers to services that Geek Squad has completed for you.

Opened consumable items – This includes batteries, ink and 3D printer filament, and items returned that are damaged, unsanitary or missing major parts.

Do I Have to Pay Re-Stocking Fee on Certain Items?

Yes, unfortunately you’ll have to pay a re-stocking fee on these items.

DSLR Camera Lenses – 15% re-stocking fee.

Smartphones – $35 flat re-stocking fee.

Drones – 15% re-stocking fee.

Projectors – 15% re-stocking fee.

Rideables – 15% re-stocking fee.

Special Order Products – 15% re-stocking fee.

What If I Don’t Have a Receipt?

If you don’t have a receipt, be prepared to show a valid ID when returning something to Best Buy.

They do this to try and cut down on return fraud in their stores. They reserve the right to refuse any return without a receipt if they feel it’s fraudulent.

See Also: 7 Insider Tips to Save Money at Best Buy

What If My Return Has Been Opened?

No worries, just pack everything back up as well as you can and get a full refund as long as your still within the return period.

Make sure you don’t forget any manuals or instructions that can with the item.

What If My Return is Missing Parts?

Don’t let that stop you from returning something to Best Buy.

From their site, “If you do not have all the original packaging or accessories, that’s okay too. We can process a return with a nonrefundable deduction on your refund for what is missing.”

What About a Cash Refund?

Keep in mind that if you pay with cash, and your order is over $800, you’ll have to settle for a corporate check as a refund. You’ll get the check in the mail within 7-10 days.

Stores don’t keep a lot of cash on hand and so they won’t be able to refund you with cash.

The same applies when you spend $250 by check or by a debit card without a major credit card logo.

What if I Used a Gift Card to Make the Purchase?

Not a problem. If you bought the item with a Best Buy gift card, you’ll get a full refund back to that same gift card.

If you don’t have the gift card anymore, no worries, just call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 with your order number and they’ll re-issue you a new gift card.

BONUS: Best Buy Return Policy “Hacks”

Like any store’s return policy, there are some clover hacks and tips that savvy shoppers need to be aware of.

• Over 15 Days Hack – If you have your receipt, but it’s been over 15 days since you made the purchase, you’re often better off returning the item without your receipt and accept the store credit.
  • Look for Extended Holiday Return Time – In past years, almost anything bought in November and December could be returned right up until January 14th. This extends until January 30th for Elite members and February 14th for Elite Plus.
  • Best Buy’s Error? – If you’re returning something to Best Buy via mail, and the reason for the return is an error on Best Buy’s part, they’re on the hook for the return shipping charges.
  • Always Opt For In-Store Return – When returning an item bought from BestBuy.com, always return it to your local store if you can. Not only will you avoid any return shipping charges, but you can also take advantage of an instant exchange.

Ask the Reader: Have you had success taking advantage of Best Buy’s return policy? Any issues I need to add to this post that I may have overlooked?

By Kyle James

More Total Awesomeness:

The Walmart Return Policy Finally Explained on a S... (Updated 11/17/17) Have you ever tried to read Walmart's return policy? If you have, you know you'd have to read like 5 separate webpages to find all ...
Nordstrom Return Policy: Answers to Your 8 Biggest... Similar to Costco's return policy, the return policy at Nordstrom is really liberal and quite popular. But as with any retailer's policy, there are al...
Staples Return Policy: How It Actually Works + Hac... The Staples return policy seems fairly straight-forward at first glance, but in actuality it has a bunch of nuisances based on the item you're buying ...
The Best Buy Price Match Policy: Tips To Help You ... (Updated 8/25/17) The Best Buy price match policy serves as a great way to always get the lowest price when shopping for electronics. Surprisingly, I ...
Lowe’s Return Policy: Make It Work For You (... (Updated 10/18/17) On the surface, the Lowe's return policy seems pretty straight forward. But once you dig into it a little bit you realize that it h...
TJ Maxx Return Policy: Tips and Tricks to Make It ... The TJ Maxx return policy is both loved and hated at the same time. It's loved because they'll take back most items even after the return window has c...

Comments

92 Responses to “Best Buy Return Policy: 8 Things You Need To Know (Plus a Few Hacks Too!)”

1. Carlos V on May 10th, 2017 7:46 pm

What about if I myself completely broke a drone I bought from BestBuy? Will they offer a return or exchange?

2. John best on May 24th, 2017 1:23 pm

No. Damaged items are excluded from returns.

3. Chris on May 26th, 2017 7:23 am

Hi, I purchased a laptop about 24 days ago. Now today I see that the laptop has dropped $50. I am going to go in today and try to get a credit adjustment, but I think they will just say no.

4. Kyle on May 26th, 2017 8:15 am

It’s worth a shot although it looks like you only have 15 days to get price protection.

Are you a Best Buy Elite member? If so, you’ll get 30 days for return and 30 day price protection.

5. Stefanie on May 27th, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi I just bought a vacuum today and used it but not happy with it. can I still return it even if it’s been used?

6. Kyle on May 31st, 2017 8:08 am

Yes, you can return it for a full refund. Just make sure you pack it back up with manual and any accessories.

7. Kristina on May 30th, 2017 5:43 pm

I just left the store and was told in the beginning of June they will start charging a restocking fee on headphones, this was surprising since I’m having a hard time finding good wireless earbuds that don’t hurt my ears. Just giving you a heads up so you can update if that’s the case.

8. Kyle on May 31st, 2017 8:06 am

Good to know, thanks Kristina!

9. Ines Risner on June 5th, 2017 10:59 am

Wondering if you found a brand that does not hurt your ears, I am having the same problem.

10. Brian on May 31st, 2017 7:31 am

Can I exchange a cell phone that I got 2 days ago with no restocking fee…

11. Kyle on May 31st, 2017 8:06 am

Unfortunately, it looks like a restocking fee would likely apply even if the phone is unopened.

12. Ali on May 31st, 2017 3:02 pm

Can I return an opened Ipad with no restocking fee?

13. Kyle on May 31st, 2017 3:12 pm

Yes, you should be able to return without a restocking fee.

14. LocalHero on May 31st, 2017 4:29 pm

I bought a laptop on May 17th via Bestbuy.com. If I count the 17th and the 31st, then today would be my 15th day. Is that how the 15 days are counted? Also, someone told me the count started from the delivery date which was the 19th. Is it delivery or order date that counts?
    Thanks!

15. Mary on June 29th, 2017 4:20 pm

Same Q as above: when does the 15-day period go into effect? Date of online purchase, or date of delivery?

16. LocalHero on June 30th, 2017 4:03 am

Mary, I found I was able to return the laptop based on the delivery date. BB reps did not seem to be up on the policy though and I’d call to make sure if it’s a critical issue to you. YMMV!

17. Tmc on May 31st, 2017 4:30 pm

Just an FYI, bestbuy has added restocking fees to a couple of categories.

18. Anna on June 1st, 2017 7:18 pm

Is tv one of the categories

19. Wendy on June 2nd, 2017 10:26 am

I bought something in the store, can I return by mail??

20. Edgardo A Soto Rodriguez on June 4th, 2017 12:07 am

Do I have to pay a restocking fee if my unlocked smartphone came with Software issues and mess up hardware. Can I get in-store credit for another phones to avoid restocking fee if they want to applied.

21. Jon S on June 5th, 2017 1:40 pm

May want to throw this in the mix, I just bought a 35mm prime lens for my Nikon D5200. During checkout, they displayed a message on the card reader screen stating there is a 15% restocking fee for returns on lenses.

22. Erik on June 8th, 2017 11:01 am

I have a turtle beach headset with a 2 year warranty. The battery seems to have a problem it only lasts 5hrs but its supposed to last for 10hrs. Am i able to exchange for another one or can i exchange for a different brand with the same price range or if its more money just pay the difference?

23. Kyle on June 8th, 2017 2:34 pm

If it’s still within the return window I’d take it back for a refund or exchange.

If it’s outside the return window I’d contact the manufacturer and get a replacement.

24. LA M on June 17th, 2017 1:11 pm

What if my husband bought a stereo for his truck and then got home , put it in the closet- never even installing it, then a few days later he had a stroke. So its been sitting in the closet for 2 yrs and its a nice Kenwood. Do you think they would take it back?

25. Drake on June 27th, 2017 10:34 pm

No, sorry. Not really any option for taking it back to best buy. Craigslist or ebay is your friend here

26. Yafet Beyene on June 20th, 2017 11:57 pm

What about headphones with muffs that came off? Can I return in the first week?

27. Kyle on June 21st, 2017 6:33 am

28. Kara Welch on June 26th, 2017 7:11 am

My husband bought me a car starter and paid for the installation back in December for me. But I decided I didn’t want to keep the car, so we never opened the car starter nor never had it installed. It’s been 6 months, will Best Buy give us store credit, so I can at least buy something else from there?

29. Anne on June 29th, 2017 3:47 pm

I bought an item online last week. I received it on Monday. I decided I wanted it in a different color. So today I took it into the store, unopened box and receipt to do an even exchange. I was told to exchange it for a different color I would have to pay the difference because I got it on sale and it’s no longer on sale. I don’t feel that is right.

30. Hector R on June 29th, 2017 6:59 pm

I ordered a lens online for my DSLR and it was not for me, I went in the store for an exchange to a better lens and they wanted me to pay restocking fee. One employee said I shouldn’t be charged restocking fee but the other said yes. So I told them I’ll hold on to my current lens and think about it.

31. Deborah on July 5th, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello !
    I purchased an at & t maven 2 paygo phone July 3rd from best buy (,in store purchases). I’m not happy with it. Nothing has been downloaded nor transferred into phone. Have receipt & all the contents.
    Will Bestbuy accept my request for refund ? Thank you so much !

32. Kristy on July 6th, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi, I just wanted to point out an error in your post. You said that you cannot return Geek Squad memberships, but actually you can. You have 14 days to return it for the full amount, and after that, it is pro-rated, if you have not used Geek Squad services at all or did not receive satisfactory work 30 days after a work order was completed and picked up. I used to work as a Consultation Agent at Geek Squad and had to process many returns for our memberships, though they usually had to be approved by a manager first.

33. John on July 8th, 2017 8:22 pm

Their new restocking fee is counter productive, and I don’t see it lasting long. Especially since AMAZON does not charge restocking fee.

34. Christina T on July 20th, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello I bought a kidizoom action cam with a two year warranty. I bought it on 6/01/17. My daughter doesn’t want it anymore it’s 7/20/17. Could I get my money back or store credit?

35. Leslie on July 25th, 2017 2:38 pm

If I buy Windows 10 & my desktop still doesn’t boot up, can I return Windows?

36. Tam on July 27th, 2017 4:49 pm

My husband bought me a Fitbit Blaze a week ago and the screen has a tiny crack after wearing it. Can we return it?

37. Russ on August 3rd, 2017 11:09 am

I received a gift (JBL Xtreme Speaker) that has the same UPC as the item sold in store. I am an Elite Member at BBuy. Do you think I would be able to exchange this item in store for store credit without any proof of purchase? What do you think the best way to approach this would be? Thanks!

38. Kyle on August 3rd, 2017 5:09 pm

Just be honest with them and see what they say. Got nothing to lose. If they refuse to do it I’d sell it on eBay.

39. Leonor May-Pinnock on August 3rd, 2017 1:31 pm

How long does it take for my bank account to be refunded for my purchase

40. Shirley M Oloffo on August 4th, 2017 4:53 pm

Best Buy return policy stinks! Had bought an Epson Home Cinema, never used it, did not read all the “fine” print, and because of a busy work schedule, did not have time to return it in the 15 days. Took it back 2 months later, thinking I had at least 60 days only to be told they would not take it. That is $700 down the drain. Had bought many appliances there, tvs, computers and cameras, but my business will go elsewhere, where customer service comes first. Was not informed I only had 15 days, the person that sold it to me opened the box since it had a slit in it to make sure it was all there, was even willing to pay the big “restocking fee” which is stupid.

41. Curls on September 6th, 2017 2:52 pm

It’s on a buyer to check return policies. Most stores use 60 days BUT NOT on electronics that lose their value so quickly as they get outdated. So in this case, it makes sense that BB couldn’t take it back. Other stores wouldn’t either.

Hope you were able to recoup some on ebay or craigslist.

42. Monitx on August 7th, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi. Great article! One thing I cannot find ANYWHERE is BB policy on refurbished items. I am looking at a refurbished cell phone to save some money but am concerned about it will be a dud and then be stuck with it!

43. Andrew on August 18th, 2017 6:30 am

Hi, I purchased a laptop a week ago. Now when I boot it up I get a white screen and zero laptop functions. Can I return or exchange the laptop?

44. Kyle on August 18th, 2017 10:04 am

Absolutely Andrew, you have 15 days from date of purchase. Pack it up in with the original packaging and take back for an exchange or refund.

45. Jason on August 18th, 2017 10:10 pm

Hey, would I get a restocking fee for returning an iPhone that I ripped the plastic covering off of? Also I already peeled the plastic over the phone too, but everything else is perfect.

46. Kyle on August 19th, 2017 7:41 am

Unfortunately they’ll hit you with a $35 restocking fee.

47. sophie on August 20th, 2017 8:38 pm

I bought Samsung Galaxy S8 2 days ago but I guess I’m used to ios so I’d like to return it. It still has front and back plastic covering on. Will I be charged?

48. Jay on August 20th, 2017 1:42 am

Can I return an unopened Video game for store credit? After buying it 2 months ago?

49. Daine Wendt on August 21st, 2017 9:44 am

I bought a camera that didn’t work straight out of the box but no longer have the box will I be charged much for the missing box even though the return is for a faulty product?

50. Robert Eddings on August 22nd, 2017 8:16 pm

I purchased a dell laptop on 8/20/17 at a location in Hoover Alabama the total was 1471.48 I paid in cash and the clerk said you have a 15 day return period.

This purchase was for work and when I got to work Monday 8/21 my work had already provided me a laptop so Tuesday 8/21 I returned the unopened box with my receipt to the store in Hoover and the clerk took my return and put it behind the counter and the looked at me and said we don’t give cash refunds but I can offer you a gift card for that amount.

I wasn’t interested in a $1500 gift card and ask if you don’t give cash refunds why do you take cash sales and not notify the consumer of this policy and I would have put it on my credit card.

The manager said they didn’t have that much cash on hand (right) so I ask if he could just put it on my debit card and was told no that they could mail me a check in 7-10 business days. So I left the store with no cash no laptop and a receipt showing my return. Couldn’t help feeling ROBBED By Corporate Bullying and will never shop there again.

51. Curls on September 6th, 2017 2:56 pm

That’s pretty common policies for stores. They don’t keep cash on hand (staff tends to make it disappear). So they state in policies that over a certain mount cash returns will be by check in a week or two.

Be good if the article added this info! It’s not something people think of unless they read the return policy itself.

52. John on August 23rd, 2017 12:55 am

My kids got iPad air mount for their birthdays and they have never used them but I do not have the receipt what is my status their in getting a refund or exchange?

53. Liz on August 24th, 2017 4:40 am

Bought a home security system at best buy and opened a best buy credit account, the system is not what I wanted nor does it do what they said it would do. Tried to take it back and they said I was past my 3 days, then the monitoring company says 15 days as I stated I did not want a monthly fee for monitoring at best buy and that I just wanted the cameras to take pics when motion was detected.

Vivint states that if monthly fee is canceled then the whole system will not work at all. I feel I was misled in both directions. I don’t want this system and am getting run around from both best buy and vivint. Wonder if I can exchange the system for just flood like camera’s if they wont refund me???

54. Joe on September 16th, 2017 11:45 pm

What if the return consists of a faulty item and I simply want an exchange, am I still required to pay a restocking fee?? The item is a cell phone, which was purchased 5 days ago

55. Akeel on September 17th, 2017 6:43 am

I purchased a game for PS4 that didn’t work will they let me exchange for Nintendo switch

56. Vincent on September 19th, 2017 3:38 pm

In the middle of the article you say there is a 15% restocking fee for drones. But at the end you say that the only items that should incur a restocking fee are opened mobile phones and special order appliances. So it is not clear if a drone should have a restocking fee.

57. Kyle on September 19th, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up, I corrected the article. Drones will incur a restocking fee.

58. Rich Amooi on September 21st, 2017 9:52 am

My wife and I bought a new washer and dryer online from Best Buy. The website said it was required to buy the washing machine fill hoses. We bought them, of course. When the delivery guy came to install them, he handed me the box of hoses I had purchased and said I didn’t need them because the washer already came with them. I went to look online at the return policy and saw the 15 days. It has been 17 days. Am I stuck with them even though they made me buy them when they weren’t necessary?

59. Kyle on September 21st, 2017 10:02 am

Hi Rich, interesting case. I’d call Best Buy at 1 (888) 237-8289 and explain the situation. If Best Buy has an ounce of decency they’d take the hoses back in a second. I’m guessing they will. Let me know.

60. Rich Amooi on September 22nd, 2017 10:51 am

I called the number you gave me and talked to a very nice customer service rep. She said she couldn’t give me a return label because the product was delivered and not shipped. She did advise me to go to the nearest store and talk with a manager. She was pretty confident he would understand the situation (she was surprised the installer didn’t just take the product back with him and credit my account). I went to the Best Buy store down the street, explained the situation, and customer services clerk credited my account. I didn’t even have to talk to a manager. Happy Ending! Thanks for your help. 🙂

61. Kyle on September 22nd, 2017 11:15 am

Awesome, glad it worked out!

62. Kat on September 22nd, 2017 10:03 am

I bought an Invisible Shield Glass Curve screen protector for my Samsung Galaxy 8 about 3 months ago. It comes with a lifetime limited warranty that covers cracks and scratches as long as I own the phone. Can I exchange this in the store or must I deal directly with the manufacturer? I tried to call my local Best Buy, but the local number seemed to be linked to another location and no one answered the phone, even after a long wait.

63. Sandi on September 24th, 2017 8:02 am

I returned a new unopened sound bar yesterday bought aug 17 th 2017 . Will only give store credit not happy ! Why is this ?

64. Kyle on September 24th, 2017 8:11 am

Because it was over 15 days past original purchase date.

65. Bonnie on September 26th, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi I got a computer 17 days ago and I don’t really like it. It is just too slow for school especially since I’ll be doing online classes. Is it still possible to return it?

66. Kyle on September 27th, 2017 3:25 pm

Yes, pack it up with original manuals, cords, and packaging and return it. Since it’s past the 15 days you’ll have to settle for merchandise credit.

67. John on September 27th, 2017 3:11 pm

Recieved 2 pair of beats head phones solo 3 wireless for gifts want to return one pair they were sent to me bu family out of state no gift receipt and the cc used is not in my possession what do i do to get a full cash refund

68. Kyle on September 27th, 2017 3:23 pm

You can return the pair you don’t want for store credit. They won’t give you a cash refund.

69. Bloo on September 27th, 2017 7:46 pm

hey, i just bought an ojo scooter from best buy online and it was delivered to me. Before it was delivered i had asked if it was alright to ride the scooter in rain and was told yes, so when it came in through delivery i was excited and unpacked it all and threw the packaging away. after starting to charge the scooter, i grabbed the manual to give it a read to understand how to operate everything and one of the first pages said, ‘is good for riding in bike lanes’ but also says ‘ avoid water, puddles, sand, debris.. etc.’ now i’m worried cause that’s what most of the bike lanes are made up of where i live. Is it still possible to return this somehow with no packaging? I’m waiting on an answer from the support of the ojo scooters, but based on the manual it seemed like the answers i were given before weren’t correct.

70. Brandon on September 29th, 2017 8:04 pm

I bought a breathalyzer and after 5 drinks in 3 hours it still says I have a 0.03% BAC (Same as after the first drink). The item is clearly defective, but because I blew into it, it may be seen as “unsanitary” can I still return it because it is defective?

71. Cory on October 4th, 2017 11:01 am

Just bought a drone from Best Buy. The DJI Spark for $450. I have 15 days to return it but if opened I will need to pay a 15% restocking fee. Usually they wouldn’t notice if it’s opened or not but there’s a plastic shrink wrap around it. Would they still take it as “in-opened if the shrink wrap is off?

72. Erick T on October 7th, 2017 9:28 pm

Hey hello there ! I just bought a LG 4K Tv about 10 days ago, and my wife just notice a dead pixel, ( The tv doesn’t have any Physical damage at all ) , can I switch my TV for a different one? What are my options , help!

73. Acrux on October 9th, 2017 2:06 pm

Im interested in knowing the return policy on refurbished electronics.

74. Kyle on October 10th, 2017 8:33 am

It’s the same as non-refurbished items, 15 days.

75. Erik P on October 9th, 2017 6:46 pm

I recently bought an external hard drive but I ended up returning it (within the 15 days) and it’s been more than a week and I still haven’t been refunded my money on my card. what’s going on?

76. nez vernon on October 12th, 2017 2:41 pm

Can I exchange a headphones for same brand but different color that I recieved as a gift which i still unopened but may have not been purchased from Best Buy but may have same UPC or Serial numbers?.

77. Mn on October 17th, 2017 4:57 am

My husband bought a Sony A6000 on 10/06/17. Yesterday, after 10 days, the lens that came with the camera started making a weird “grinding” noise when the camera is turned on and when zooming. Will Best Buy exchange the item in store? And would there be a restocking fee for an even exchange of a defective item?

78. Kyle on October 17th, 2017 7:19 am

Return it for a full refund or exchange before 15 days from purchase. Should not be a restocking fee.

79. Joe on October 17th, 2017 6:27 am

Have an interesting one… purchased an open box display 5.1 sound bar system with subwoofer and satellite speakers for over half off. Was missing remote and no manual but it was reported fully functional. They packaged up for me and after buying the sales guy said oh by the way some if the cords have exposed wire! I’m fairly certain it happened while they dismantled it as I watched them pull the cords out of the metal display. Anyways got home and it’s glitchy and sattelite speakers have all sorts of static. I’m within 15 days but my question is will i have option for replacement and if so will they replace with a new one or is only option refund? Thx!

80. Kyle on October 17th, 2017 7:16 am

Wow, that is an interesting one. My guess is refund only but there is only one way to find out, call your local store and ask. If you don’t mind, come back here and let us all know. Thanks!

81. Audrey on October 26th, 2017 3:05 pm

Hey, I bought an expensive computer monitor from BestBuy a few days ago, but upon further inspection the part where the stand should hook up has been dented. I hooked it up and turned it on, absolute black screen. Went through the debugging and it came down to the screen just not even working. Customer service shrugged. Tried to return it describing that it was damaged, and they couldn’t do anything due to their policy. What do I do? Is there a warranty on the product or a website I could go to?

82. Kyle on October 26th, 2017 3:08 pm

Are you still within the 15 days? If you are I’d take it back to the store with my receipt and demand a refund on a product that clearly was damaged when you bought it.

83. Caleb on November 3rd, 2017 6:42 am

Kyle it seems like there’s a loophole here. It would be ideal to setup a wedding registry for myself, and then purchase any items I’m wanting to buy under that wedding registry. That would give me 60 days to return it? Right?

84. Kyle on November 3rd, 2017 7:41 am

Hmmm, yes, I think that would work. Although you might have to settle for store credit.

85. Victor on November 5th, 2017 12:00 pm

This used or refurbished MacBook Pro won’t turn on after receiving it will Best Buy return it

86. Cathy Brock on November 8th, 2017 9:06 am

Hi I bought a pair of epic air buds 6 weeks ago, I still have my receipt. The ear buds have stopped charging, I don’t even use them daily, I have no idea why they suddenly quit working properly. I have reall liked this pair of earphones. I don’t want a refund I just would like an exchange, will there be a fee for an exchange? Or will Best Buy even exchange them?

87. Kyle on November 8th, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Cathy. Unfortunately you’ll have to contact the manufacturer and see if the ear buds are still under warranty.

88. Lexie on November 8th, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi. I just purchased this arlo pro indoor/outdoor 4pcs camera. I tried to set it up and im not satisfied. I already opened the baterries. Is there anyway i can return it without restocking fee?

89. Charles RITVALSKY on November 11th, 2017 5:25 am

I brought a chrome book 3 they suck. I am within the fourteen day return period , I have all parts and manuals but I do not have the box. What are my chances of getting a credit to purchase something else?

90. Zack C on November 15th, 2017 8:37 am

I bought a otterbox phone case at best buy with cash. Lost my receipt. When I went back to the store, I wanted to exchange it for a different otterbox of the same price and they told me they can not do exchanges or a store credit since its been past 15 days. I told them it hasn’t been past 15 days, I just didn’t have my receipt to prove that. They said we can look it up with a debit card or your rewards number but I didn’t use either since I paid cash and don’t have a rewards card.. I feel like this was awful customer service.

I called customer service and they told me the same thing!

91. an on November 15th, 2017 10:24 am

Regarding best buys holiday return policy, where do fitbits and smartwatches fit in? Do they have the full holiday return window or a shortened one? Are they subject to a restocking fee?

92. Carnell on November 18th, 2017 8:02 pm

I recently bought a note 8 the phone was shutting off restarting and not coming on for minutes at a time. I called customer service they said return. I said ok later tonight. During work I dropped the phone and it has a small crack on the back glass. Since I already called hours ago do you think they’d give me issues? Btw I bought the phone under 24hrs ago