(Updated 1/09/20) Subway subs make for a tasty and healthy alternative to fast food, especially when traveling. But with some of their footlongs coming in at close to $10, it can be quite expensive if you’re not careful. With that in mind, here are some smart ways to score Subway deals as well as free, or heavily discounted subs. Hope these Subway deals can help you save some money on your next meal.
Free Subway Sub
The single best way to score a free 6″ sub at Subway is to join their Text Club. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Visit this page and enter your mobile number and zip code.
- Reply to the confirmation text and you’re good to go.
- You must buy a 30 ounce drink to get the free sub at Subway.
Once you’re signed up, in addition to the Subway deal of a free 6″ sub, you’ll also get weekly text offers for all kinds of free or discounted subs, drinks, and treats.
The Days of the Year When You Get Free Subway
Here are the days when Subway gets really generous and offer free subs.
- National Sandwich Day – Also known as November 3rd, this is the day of the year when most Subway locations will give you a free 6″ sub when you buy any sub along with a drink.
- Valentine’s Day – Last V-day, almost all Subway locations in the UK handed out free 6″ subs with the purchase of a drink. Look for this offer to come to the U.S. soon.
- Customer Appreciation Day – This day varies every year but often happens in the U.S. in February, September, or October. Follow Subway on Facebook or Twitter to be kept in-the-know of future events that’ll score you a free Subway sub sandwich.
In addition to these Subway deals, be sure to also ask about customer appreciation events at your local Subway as many franchised locations offer them independently of “corporate” Subway.
Snagging a free Subway coupon is another awesome way to save. Here are some great coupon resources.
- BeFrugal – Offers are updated weekly and include printable coupons and “Buy One, Get One for Free” offers.
- Groupon – The folks at Groupon always keep their Subway page updated with money saving offers.
- CouponSherpa – Luke and his crew keep their site and app loaded with all the newest Subway offers.
Also, if you’re a college student, keep an eye in your student newspaper for Subway deals as you can often find free coupons within.
Subway 6 Dollar Sub
While this tip won’t get you a free sub, it will score you a great Subway deal.
If you regularly eat lunch at Subway, and you’re not checking out the “sub of the day”, you’re clearly over-spending.
Each day of the week you can score a different $6 footlong sub.
Can’t eat an entire footlong? Save the 6″ for lunch the following day. $3 for lunch is about as cheap as you’ll find anywhere, plus it’s pretty darn healthy.
Ask the Reader: Everybody loves Subway deals that help you save money. How do you save money at Subway, or better yet, score completely free subs?
By Kyle James
Photo by Mike Mozart.