The Michaels return policy details are worth knowing if you’re into arts and crafts. Having grown up in a “craftsy” home, I know how expensive supplies can be. I also know that it’s common to overbuy in case of emergencies or to save a possible trip later. Thus the need to return stuff arises frequently, at least it did for my Mom when I was a kid. It’s with this in mind that I break down Michaels policy so you can plan accordingly. Here’s everything you need to know.
How Many Return Days Does Michaels Give Me?
You get a whopping 180 days to make a return to Michaels.
Pretty darn generous return policy.
What Happens After 180 Days?
Michaels will give you store credit for the full purchase price once you’ve passed your 180 return days.
Are There Exceptions to the 180 Days?
Yes, glad you asked. These items have exceptions…
– Cricut Products – Still 180 days but items MUST be unopened and have a valid receipt.
– Gift Cards & Prepaid Cards – These are NOT returnable or exchangeable.
– Items Returned Without a Receipt That Are Now Clearance – Unfortunately, if the item in question has moved to “clearance” within Michaels inventory system you’re not eligible for a refund of ANY kind.
– Custom Framing – You have 14 days from the date you pick up your custom framing to have it reworked to your satisfaction. You must bring them back to the same Michaels location where original work was performed.
– Tutorial Classes – Classes are refundable up to the date when the class is set to start. Refunds must be done in-store only.
Can Items Be Opened or Used?
For the most part, NO.
Items need to be in their unused original packaging to be returnable.
The only exception to this policy involves items that are defective. They’ll take those back in used or opened condition.
What If I Don’t Have My Receipt?
You’re probably NOT out of luck.
In most cases, Michaels can look up your purchase and refund your money.
They’ll try to use your credit card, debit card, or rewards number to find it.
If they CAN’T find any evidence of your purchase, Michaels will give you store credit for the lowest price in the past 90 days.
If this happens to you, be prepared to show a valid photo I.D. which is used for fraud prevention and refund authorization.
Can I Return Online Purchases In-Store?
You can return items within 180 days via the mail or at your local Michaels brick & mortar location.
If you want to return items bought online via the mail you’ll need to call them at 1-800-MICHAELS.
A rep will walk you through the process.
Who Pays the Return Shipping Charges?
If the item is NOT defective you’ll be charged for return shipping charges.
Avoid this fate by returning the item to your local Michaels location.
If the item IS defective, then Micheals will pay for the return shipping.
Is There a Separate “Holiday” Return Policy?
No, the Michaels return policy is the same all year-long and does not change in November or December.
Can I Exchange Items In-Store?
No, oddly enough Michaels does NOT allow exchanges.
The workaround is simply to return the item and re-buy it. This is also a smart idea when the price of an item drops. You might as well get the lower price, especially on significant purchases.
Ask the Reader: Have you ever used the Michaels return policy? Was it a fairly straight-forward process?
By Kyle James