Amazon is hiring customer service jobs for nights and weekends! While I’ve talked about good retail jobs that pay $12+ with benefits before, here’s an opportunity to work from home in your pajamas and basically set your own schedule. Here’s what you need to know about this job at Amazon and where to apply.
Customer Service Associate at Amazon:
- $10/Hourly Pay – Plus, they’ll pay you for your training sessions which are fully self-directed. Not a bad way to earn some extra money. You must be able to work at least 15 hours per week during the training period.
- Hours Available – You’ll be working nights and weekends.
- Must Live in 1 of these States – Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Virginia.
- What You’ll Be Doing – You’ll be helping Amazon shoppers with their purchases and answering any questions they might have. Almost all of it will be over the phone and can be done from the comfort of your home.
- Basic Qualifications – If you found this article, you’re probably qualified! Here’s what you need to have.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic typing, phone, and computer navigation skills.
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and Instant Messenger tools.
- Ability to participate and complete mandatory training.
- Ability to complete I-9 work authorization paperwork in person.
- Ability to take any shift Sunday through Saturday from 3:00 am to Midnight Pacific Time zone.
- What Equipment Do You Need? – A decent computer and a good Internet connection. If you get the job, they’ll mail you a headset and token to use. Equipment aside, a history of working positively with the public, and a focus on customer service, will easily get your foot in the door with Amazon.
You must be available on weekdays between 2:30 p.m. and 12 midnight, PST, and on weekends between 7 a.m. and 12 midnight, PST. You’ll pick from a pool of available hours and will work from 1 to 40 hours a week, with the average being 12 hours per week. Apply Here.
This customer service job with Amazon could be a great way to get your foot in the door. Do a terrific job and they’ll undoubtedly take notice and it could very well turn into something permanent and full-time (with benefits). Let me know if you apply and if you got the gig!
By Kyle James
Photo by Robert Scoble.