Get Coupon Alerts:

Printable Cheat Sheet: Crack the “Price Tag” Code

October 1, 2013 by Kyle 12 comments   •   Filed Under ,

It was really nice to see the great response last week on my article Retailer’s Big Secret: Crack the Price Tag Code which broke down the internal pricing system used at a handful of popular national retailers. So I decided to get creative and make a printable PDF file for you to print out and use. This way you’ll be able to reference it when shopping to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible. To print cheat sheet, or save it to your computer, do one of the following:

• Right click on below cheat sheet and click “Print” or “Save Image As” to save it to your computer for future reference.
  • Or click on the cheat sheet to open it in a new window then click on the “Print” or “Save” icon.
  • Once you’ve printed it just cut along the perforated lines and fold it to the size of a business card. It will easily fit into your wallet or purse. I hope it helps!

Click to Print Cheat Sheet

Stores included on the cheat sheet include Target, Costco, Sears, Home Depot, Office Depot, Gap, and Old Navy. As I discover new stores that also use an internal pricing system I will be sure to update my cheat sheet accordingly!

I hope it helps! Feel free to pass this along to your friends and family.

By Kyle James

Comments

12 Responses to “Printable Cheat Sheet: Crack the “Price Tag” Code”

1. DC @ Young Adult Money on October 2nd, 2013 4:11 am

Love the printable cheat sheet! Thanks for putting this together.
    DC @ Young Adult Money recently posted…My Plan for Tackling 300k of Student Loan DebtMy Profile

Kyle Reply:

Cool, thanks DC. Hope you can use it to your advantage!

Ellen Morrison Reply:

Hey, Thanks Jesse,

Been a PRICE CLUB [Costco] member since 1979 and love it. Thanks for breaking the code, next time I’m there I’ll check out da “goodz”

Love ya, Bro:
    Ellen

Jesse Jones
    King 5 News

2. Kim@Eyesonthedollar on October 2nd, 2013 8:54 am

No one ever delivers what I ask for. Thanks so much!
    Kim@Eyesonthedollar recently posted…Pros and Cons of Living in a Ski Resort TownMy Profile

Kyle Reply:

Kim, LOL – anything else I can get for ya!! My wife was really excited about it too when I printed one out for her. Hopefully I can find new stores to add to it in the future!

3. Tara @ Streets Ahead Living on October 2nd, 2013 7:21 pm

This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing!
    Tara @ Streets Ahead Living recently posted…What to do when you’re overwhelmedMy Profile

4. Adley on October 15th, 2013 12:25 pm

I just printed it and put it in my wallet! I gotta show this to my girlfriend :-)
    Adley recently posted…Top 5 eBay Sales of the Week October 14 2013My Profile

5. Katie A on February 5th, 2014 9:45 am

This is great! I was able to use the Target clearance price tag tip and saved $26 on a pair of boots. I waited and sure enough, they got marked down to 50% off. Very cool, thanks!

6. Leslie on May 1st, 2014 1:39 pm

At Target if the Price ends in a 4, it won’t be marked down any more and is at it’s lowest price.

Kyle Reply:

That use to be the case Leslie, but not any more. I regularly see items ending with a 4 that get marked down again.

7. Stacey on May 5th, 2014 8:45 am

I love, love, love this. I cant wait to use it!! Keep ‘em coming Kyle.

Kyle Reply:

Thanks Stacey, so glad you find it useful! Let me know how it works out.