Fast delivery is awesome. Just ask anyone who shells out $99 a year for an Amazon Prime membership. But guess what, Amazon is not the only online retailer offering everyday 2-day shipping at no extra cost. Sure, most websites have the option to get it delivered in 2 days, but it’ll usually cost you an arm and a leg. With that said, here are all the retailers that will deliver your order within 2 days without charging you a penny extra.
The gold-standard for free 2-day shipping is the online behemoth known as Amazon.com. Here’s the skinny.
- Pay $99/year for an Amazon Prime membership and get 2-day guaranteed shipping on EVERY order.
- Because they offer a guarantee, be sure to hold their feet to the fire if they don’t deliver on time. You’ll either get a $5 credit, a $10 credit, or a 1-month Prime membership extension (an $8.25 value).
Also, check out my Amazon savings hacks article to learn how to really maximize your savings.
Whether you’re ordering a new iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, Apple will deliver it within 2 days. Here’s how it works.
- Free 2-day shipping is available only on in-stock items from Apple.com.
- The only exclusions are customized Macs, engraved items, and items paid for via financing and bank transfers.
- Delivery to Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico will take 2-5 business days.
If you’re ordering an in-stock iPhone you’ll actually get it delivered for free via next-day shipping.
The folks at BackCountry.com sell all kinds of gear and clothing for the outdoor enthusiasts. Think REI, but a little cheaper, but still with hundreds of name brands. Here’s how their 2-day shipping policy works.
- Add at least $50 worth of merchandise to your virtual cart and you qualify for free 2-day shipping.
- At checkout, just make sure you select the “Two Business Days” shipping option.
- Exclusions: Complete bikes, bike frames, bike wheels, ABS airbag packs, kayaks, SUP boards, cargo boxes, car racks, indoor cycles, pre-orders, and back orders.
It’s worth noting that you must live in the lower 48 to get 2-day delivery. Sorry Hawaii and Alaska residents.
The consumer electronics super store, Best Buy, recently introduced free 2-day shipping on thousands of items. Here’s how it works.
- When shopping the Best Buy site, look for items that display a “Free 2-Day Shipping on Orders $35 and Up” message.
- The main items that do not qualify for 2-day delivery are movies, music, pre-owned games, special orders, and any items removed from an online order.
To qualify, your Best Buy order total must exceed $35 before any coupons or state taxes. (See also: 7 Insider Tips to Save Money at Best Buy)
Blue Nile is a popular online jewelry site that offers free 2-day shipping with some contingency.
- To get free 2-day FedEx shipping your jewelry purchase must exceed $500.
- You need to place your order by 4:30 pm in your local time zone to get 2-day delivery.
- Alaska and Hawaii not eligible.
If you need Saturday delivery they have options available for a small fee.
Need diapers quickly? Diapers.com will ship items within 2 business days if the following criteria is met.
- Place $49 worth of stuff in your virtual basket and and you’ll get free 1-2 day delivery.
- Any order under $49 will trigger a $7.99 shipping charge.
- Gotta place your order by 6pm for 1-2 day delivery to apply.
- Orders placed on Friday, Saturday, or over a major holiday may take longer than 2 days to arrive.
- Diapers.com is owned by Quidsi Inc, who also owns Soap.com, Wag.com, BeautyBar.com, YoYo.com, and Casa.com. All 6 websites offer the same 2-day shipping policy.
The only 2-day shipping exclusions at Diapers.com are to Alaska, Hawaii, and P.O. boxes.
If hiking, backpacking, or rock-climbing is your thing, you’re probably familiar with GearCoop. Here’s how their 2-day policy works.
- Place $49 or more in your shopping basket and select “2-Day Shipping” at checkout.
- They only provide 2-day shipping on orders within the contiguous United States.
- If you order more than 1 item, be aware that you might get your order delivered in multiple boxes as they ship via various fulfillment warehouses.
It’s also worth noting that they only charge sales tax on items delivered to California.
Recently purchased by Walmart, Jet.com is trying hard to compete with Amazon. Here’s how their 2-day shipping policy works.
- Jet will deliver all “Everyday Essentials” items via 2-day delivery.
- A minimum order size of at least $35 is required.
- When you think about “Everyday Essentials”, think about grocery items, paper products, laundry, baby items, pet supplies, and health & beauty. As long as you buy at least $35, they all ship free and quick.
As long as your order totals at least $35, all such items will get to your door for free in 2 business days.
For those unfamiliar, Optics Planet sells top-of-the-line rifle scopes, spoting scopes, and holsters.
- While Optics Planet doesn’t offer site-wide 2-day shipping on every product, they have a webpage that lists over 1,100 eligible products.
- Eligible items change frequently so it’s worth bookmarking and checking back often.
- At checkout, you have to select “Two Day Shipping” and use code 2DAYAIR to get 2-day delivery. No minimum order size required.
Also, the coupon code only works for orders delivered in the 48 contiguous states.
When ordering sunglasses, eyeglasses, or lenses from Ray-Ban, they’ll happily ship via 2-day shipping. Here’s the scoop.
- No minimum order size required to qualify for 2-day delivery.
- This includes Alaska and Hawaii although orders may take an extra day or 2 to be delivered.
A cool bonus is that all Ray-Ban shipments are fully insured.
The Running Warehouse sells name brand running shoes, apparel, and outdoor shoes, plus a killer shipping offer.
- They offer free 2-day shipping on ALL orders in the lower 48 states.
- Place your order by 3 pm PST and it’ll get shipped within 1 business day.
- Their sister website, Tennis Warehouse.com, also has the same 2-day shipping policy.
It’s also worth noting that they offer free returns, no questions asked.
If you shop regularly at Sephora, you’ll want to consider the Sephora Flash 2-day shipping program.
- For a measly $10 a year, the Sephora Flash program will get you unlimited 2-day free shipping.
- No minimum order size required. Overnight shipping available for a reasonable $5.95.
- Exclusions include orders to Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, P.O. Boxes, and APO/FPO addresses.
If you don’t want to drop $10 on the Flash program, Sephora offers free 3-day shipping on orders over $50.
Verizon will also ship for free within 2 business days of delivery. Here are the details.
- When ordering a new phone, you’ll get free 2–day shipping when you order online Monday – Friday by 4:30 pm.
- Some customers may need to select free 2–day shipping option in drop down at checkout.
- When ordering accessories, you’ll need to spend at least $49 to get free 2-day shipping.
Also, be sure to plan accordingly as a signature will be required upon delivery.
Lastly, it’s worth mentioning that Walmart.com offers a membership program called ShoppingPass which gives you unlimited 2-day shipping for $49 a year. Definitely worth a look, especially since they offer a free 30-day trial.
By Kyle James
Photo credit to Scott Reed.