So it was big news earlier this week when Target made the strategic decision to offer free shipping on ALL orders this holiday season. Perhaps they are trying to spread some good will after their huge data breach earlier this year. In any case, it gave me the idea for this article, so thanks Target! I went out and did the painstaking research (not really) to find other online retailers that offer free shipping with no minimum purchase required. Check back to this list often as I will be constantly updating it with new information.
Which Popular Online Retailers Offer Free Shipping on ALL orders:
I plan to update this list as I discover new online retailers offering free shipping on your entire order. No minimum purchase required. No coupon code to hunt down (for the most part). So if you know of a retailer offering free shipping that is not on my list, be sure to Contact Me so I can investigate and get it added. Thanks! Here we go, in alphabetical order…
- 6PM Shoes – 6PM offers free 3-5 day standard shipping on all orders, regardless of size or value.
- 7 For All Mankind – Free FedEx Ground shipping (5-7 business days) on all orders at 7 For All Mankind.
- Accessory Geeks.com – Their free shipping option is USPS First Class. Just select that option when checking out and you’ll get your package delivered for free in 2-9 business days.
- Amazon.com – So Amazon is a little more complicated. It breaks down like this: Free 2-day shipping for Amazon Prime members. Not a Prime member? Then you get free shipping (5-8 business days) on all orders over $35.
- Ashford.com – Free USPS Ground shipping (5-7 days) on all online purchases at Ashford.
- Auto Anything.com – Auto Anything offers free Standard Shipping (3-5 business days) on 99% of their products.
- Barneys New York – Barneys offers free USPS Ground (3-6 business days) on all online purchases.
- Beach Camera.com – From their website, “Free ground shipping is available to home addresses in the contiguous United States.”
- Blinds.com – Free shipping via FedEx or UPS on all blind orders under 94″.
- Blindsgalore.com – Free shipping on all blind orders under 100″ to the contiguous United States.
- Blue Nile Jewelry – Free FedEx shipping on every order within the U.S. and to 43 international countries.
- Columbia Sportswear – Free shipping through 12/31/14 with code S12FREESHIP.
- Delia’s.com – Free standard shipping through 11/25/14 with coupon code DHMSHIP.
- FragranceNet.com – Free standard shipping (2-8 business days) on all orders within the 48 contiguous states.
- FreshPair.com – Free standard USPS shipping (6-9 business days) on all Freshpair orders.
- Ice Jewelry.com – Free USPS 1st class shipping on your entire online order.
- Lacoste.com – Free shipping and free returns to the lower 48 states.
- Linens n Things.com – Free standard shipping (7-10 business days) within the 48 contiguous United States.
- LL Bean.com – Orders shipped to the U.S. and Canada will automatically get free shipping (2-5 business days).
- Lucy Activewear – Free 7-10 business day shipping on all orders at Lucy.com.
- Luggage Guy.com – Free shipping on all luggage orders via FedEx Ground within the contiguous United States.
- Kate Spade.com – Free 3-6 business day standard shipping or orders submitted by 2pm EST.
- Musician’s Friend – From their website, “Free Standard Ground Shipping is offered on all orders to the 48 contiguous U.S. states & District of Columbia, excluding purchase orders and packages considered heavy or oversized by the applicable carrier.”
- Neiman Marcus – Free standard shipping and free returns on all online orders.
- Netaya.com – Free standard shipping on all of your jewelry orders at Netaya.com.
- Nordstrom.com – Free standard shipping (3-6 business days) on all orders including to Hawaii and Alaska. Nordstrom will also let you return items for free if you don’t like them for any reasons.
- Office Furniture.com – Free delivery on ALL orders, no matter the size, which is pretty impressive. From their website, “For items that are too large to ship via UPS or FedEx, free tailgate delivery is included.”
- Online Shoes.com – Free UPS Ground shipping on all orders with the 48 states. Expect delivery to take between 3-5 business days.
- Perfume.com – Use coupon code P777 and get free shipping on your entire order through 12/31.
- Piperlime.com – Free shipping (7-9 business days) and free returns on all online orders.
- Reebok.com – Free ground shipping (3-5 business days) on your entire online purchase at Reebok.
- Road Runner Sports.com – Use coupon code CX13J027 to get free shipping through 12/31/14.
- ShoeMall.com – Free standard shipping (7-10 business days) on all orders at Shoe Mall.com.
- Shoebuy.com – Free UPS Ground Shipping on all orders with free returns as well.
- Shoes.com – Free ground shipping (5-7 business days) on all orders as well as free returns within 60 days of your original purchase.
- Smart Bargains.com – Free USPS shipping on all orders. Smart Bargains claims most items will be on your doorstep in 2-4 days.
- Smashbox Cosmetics – Free standard shipping (5-7 days), free returns and free samples with every online order.
- Sunglass Hut.com – Free UPS Ground (3-7 business days) on all online orders at Sunglass hut.
- Super Jeweler.com – They offer free shipping to every continent in the world. Pretty cool.
- Target.com – The newest addition to this list. Target offers free standard shipping (3-5 days) on every online order through 12/20.
- The Bouqs.com – They offer flower bouquets for a flat $40 and that includes free shipping.
- UGG Australia.com – Free shipping and free returns on all orders via UPS Ground.
- Wolferman’s – Use coupon code FREEFSD for free shipping on all order through 12/31/14.
- World of Watches.com – Free standard shipping and free returns if you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason.
- Zappos.com – One of the original websites to offer free shipping, Zappos will ship your order for free and let you return it for free as well. Expect your package to arrive within 4-5 business days.
Bonus: Popular Retailers Offering Free Shipping on $50 or less
- Alibris Books – Free shipping $49+
- American Eagle Outfitters.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Apple Store.com – Free standard shipping on your $50+ order, 5-7 business days.
- Athleta.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Auto Parts Warehouse – Free shipping on $50+
- Babies R Us.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Banana Republic.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Bargain Outfitters.com – Use coupon code BH495 for free shipping on $49+ through 12/31
- Barnes & Noble – Free shipping on $25+
- Best Buy.com – Free shipping on $35+
- Campmor.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Charlotte Russe.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Claire’s.com – Free shipping on $35+
- Cooking.com – Free shipping on $40+
- Dick’s Sporting Goods - Free shipping on $49+
- Fredrick’s of Hollywood – Free shipping on $25+
- Gamestop.com – Free shipping on $25+ with coupon code SAVER through 12/31.
- GAP.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Guitar Center.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Hatley.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Hollister.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Kiehl’s.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Lands’ End.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Lowe’s.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Melissa & Doug – Get free shipping on $50+ with code FREESHIPFIFTY through 12/31
- Moosejaw.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Movies Unlimited.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Office Max/Depot – Free shipping on $50+
- Old Navy.com – Free shipping on $50+
- PacSun.com – Free shipping on $30+
- Perfumania.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Personal Creations.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Petco.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Pet Food Direct.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Red Envelope.com – Free shipping on $49+
- REI.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Rightstart.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Sephora.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Skin Store.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Sports Authority.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Staples.com – Free shipping on $49.99+
- Tool King.com – Free shipping on $25+
- Toys R Us.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Under Armour.com – Free shipping on $45+
- Urban Outfitters.com – Free shipping on $50+
- Walmart.com – Free shipping on $50+
- West Marine.com – Free shipping on $49+
- Wet Seal.com – Free shipping on $50+
Ask the Reader: How big of an influence is free shipping when you’re shopping online? Just make sure you are also looking for a coupon code and not settling for only free shipping.
By Kyle James
Black Friday is dead.
There, I said it, and the earth amazingly continues to revolve around the sun. OK, there are some exceptions when it does makes sense to make a purchase on Black Friday. But these exceptions are becoming fewer and fewer every year. As a general rule, I am a huge advocate of Christmas shopping all year long as it allows you to only buy when you find a screaming deal. Then when December rolls around it greatly reduces your stress level as you have most, if not all, of your holiday shopping done. Since we are still a month away from the infamous Black Friday weekend I figured it was time to officially document when you’ll be able to get the best deal on specific items on your gift list. Use this information to plan your shopping this year and you’ll definitely maximize your savings.
Important Note: I should also add that when I say “Buy on Black Friday” I am talking about the entire Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. Be on the lookout for deals (both online and in-store) on all of those days, which now unfortunately includes Thanksgiving day.
Stupid Black Friday Buys
Name Brand Televisions
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Sure there are always some screaming deal on TV’s on Black Friday. The problem is the brands you’ll find on sale are typically unrecognizable. Along with the 3rd tier brands are questionable specs and quality. If you’re a college student and looking for a disposable TV from Best Buy for your dorm room you’ll want to head out BF morning. If you’re looking for a quality TV that will hold up for the long run, you’ll want to look for deals right after Christmas through February. The reasoning is new models are typically released in late January at the Consumer Electronics Shows in Vegas. Plus, sellers always offer sweet deals around the Super Bowl. Both of these reasons will help you score a sweet deal on a high quality brand like Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic.
Popular Christmas Toys
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Instead, wait until 2 weeks before Christmas as they are notoriously lower in price than on BF weekend. Sure, you might see some deals sprinkled in the Black Friday ads but none as good if you wait a couple weeks.
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Always wait until January to shop for fitness equipment. Retailers notoriously offer some great sales and incentives to folks looking to get in shape as a New Year’s resolution. Look for products like elliptical machines, treadmills, and weight machines to be offered at up to 50% off in early January at Sports Authority and Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Deals will NOT be abundant in late November as retailers take advantage of a cold and captive audience for jackets, hoodies, boots, and parkas. When it comes to scoring deals on apparel, the general rule is that it is always the most expensive during the season it is being worn. Wait until the last few weeks of winter and you’ll easily save 50% off that next coat or pair of boots.
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. New model refrigerators, dishwashers, and ovens hit the sales floor in September and October. Because of this, you might be able to find a good deal on last year’s models on Black Friday but new models are typically not discounted very much. Smaller kitchen appliances like microwaves, blenders, and mini fridges will be on sale at Home Depot and Lowe’s.
Tools and Hardware
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Unless you absolutely need them, power tools are a much better deal during the few weeks leading up to Father’s Day. Our research has shown that Father’s Day coupons and sales on cordless drills, table saws, routers, and the like, are 30% better than Black Friday weekend. If you can afford to wait you’ll save some significant money.
- Don’t Buy on Black Friday. Buy your high-end DSLR camera in February after the Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas. You’ll be able to score a sweet deal on last seasons model as retailer discount them heavily in order to make room for the newest and greatest models. If a slick little point and shoot digital camera is in your future, then there will be plenty of deals to pick from on Black Friday. Also, be sure to check eBay the days right after BF as many of the door-buster camera deals will be up on eBay as wanna-be entrepreneurs try to turn a quick buck.
Smart Black Friday Buys
3rd Tier Televisions
- Buy on Black Friday. Many of your doorbuster BF deals are on 3rd tier televisions. Last year saw some pretty crazy deals. 42″ HDTV’s in the $300 range. I have actually seen a couple predictions for BF 2014 that included a 32″ HDTV in the $75 range and a 4K TV under the $400 price point. But be prepared to settle for brands you have never heard of in most cases. A Best Buy employee actually just told me that most of the door-buster TV’s they get for Black Friday are specifically made for that day and are not of good enough quality to stock all year long. Yes, the deals are often amazing but know what you are getting. Buyer beware.
- Buy on Black Friday. Retailers really start slashing their fall clothing lines every Black Friday weekend. We are talking like 65% to 75% off at stores like Old Navy, American Eagle, Kohl’s, Macy’s and Gap. My wife and I regularly stock up for our 3 kids on Black Friday. We’ll buy a size or 2 up and store until the following autumn. With savings in the 75-80% off range it just makes sense. Plus, if you prefer to stay at home on Black Friday and sleep in, just shop on Cyber Monday when you’ll see the best online coupons of the year at online clothing and apparel retailers.
- Buy on Black Friday. Last BF we saw budget laptops from Dell ($177 at Best Buy) and the 14″ Chromebook for $179. Look for similar deals this year. These systems usually come equipped with a 14″ or 15″ screen and a dual core processor and RAM in the 2-4 GB range. If you’re not doing any serious gaming, video editing, or going to be running a bunch of programs at once, they will definitely suffice.
- Buy on Black Friday. Tablets from brands like Samsung, Microsoft, and Lenovo have been a major draw in recent years and the deals have been pretty amazing. This year look for the Samsung Galaxy 4 tablet to drop to $99 on Black Friday (currently $179.99 at Best Buy.com). Also, Amazon.com will be running big deals on their Kindle Fire tablet. Black Friday is an excellent day to score a deal.
Apple Products (Except the iPhone 6)
- Buy on Black Friday. In 2013, there was only one day when Apple products were on sale almost across the board. Any guesses? Yes, it was Black Friday. The discounts were modest bot definitely noteworthy: $41 off the iPad Air and iPad 2, $21 off the iPod touch, $101 off the MacBook Air, $101 off the MacBook Pro with Retina display and $101 off the popular iMac. Just be sure to not shop at the Apple Store as deals at stores like Walmart and Best Buy will be better. Look for both retailers to offering significant gift cards with an Apple purchase to entice Black Friday shoppers.
Home/Kitchen Goods & Decor
- Buy on Black Friday. Deals are always abundant on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Great time to stock up if you’re not brand specific. You might not find a screaming deal on All Clad and Calphalon but cheaper brands will really have their prices slashed.
Xbox One and PS4 Games
- Buy on Black Friday. According to many gaming websites the single best day to pick up a screaming deal on new and older games is on Black Friday weekend. Look for new titles to drop by 20-30% and older titles to really be cleared out and sold for up to 75% off. Also, if you are cool with pre-owned titles Gamestop will probably offer the same offer as last year of “Buy 2 used products, get 1 Free”.
Ask the Reader: What is your Black Friday strategy this year? Will you be hitting the stores or hanging at home with the family and eating those delicious leftovers? As for me…I’ll probably end up doing a little bit of both.
By Kyle James
OK, so I figured it was time to come up with some highly practical ways to use my Crack the Price Tag Code resource to help you save money on your Holiday and Christmas shopping this year. I have had many emails from folks trying to figure out how to best use my info when shopping. In other words, what products and gifts provide the best value when cracking the code. So it is [...] Continue Reading…
As a Dad to three “Trick or Treaters” I know how expensive it can be to outfit them with costumes and accessories. Then you may want to buy some Halloween decorations for the house…there is another chunk of change. So with this in mind, I put together this article to document a bunch of great Halloween coupons we have been given so far. I know we will get a bunch more in the next [...] Continue Reading…
As we head into Fall, many retailers are trying to roll out Summer and seasonal merchandise, as well as make room for new models, creating some great deals on certain products. Here are the 10 best deals to be had right now.
When it comes to large appliances like washers, dryers, refrigerators, and dishwashers, October is a great time to buy. Manufacturers always unveil new models in the winter, making October the key month to unload [...] Continue Reading…
So this Frugal Hack comes from a new reader here at Rather-Be-Shopping.com (who also happens to be a distant relative), which is WAY cool. Long story short, she scored a pair of $85 Silver brand jeans at Macy’s for $4.99!
So how the heck did she do it?
She was shopping at her local Macy’s and well, why don’t I just let her explain it in her own words…
“Wanted to let you know of a great deal I scored [...] Continue Reading…
Have you ever been shopping online and thought to yourself how cool it would be to get those shoes, jeans, blender, (or whatever it might be) sent to your home for free so you could try them on and check them out in person? Then if they didn’t fit, or you didn’t like it for whatever reason, you could return them for free? How cool would that be. Well, today I’m here to tell [...] Continue Reading…
Are you looking for work? Maybe a part-time job while you go to school, or perhaps something seasonal for the holiday shopping season. Part of your decision on where to apply could very well hinge on what kind of employee discount the retailer hands out. After all, if you like the store enough to regularly buy stuff from them, you stand a good chance of actually enjoying working there. I was pretty darn impressed [...] Continue Reading…
There is no doubt that the Apple iPhone 6 looks like a pretty amazing smartphone, especially the 6 Plus. Some pretty cool features for sure, especially the big ol’ screen and Apple Pay. Although, I have some news for you Apple loyalists, my new Android MotoX has had that feature for quite some time, it’s called Google Wallet and it’s pretty darn cool.
But anyways, if you consider yourself an early tech adopter, and plan to get [...] Continue Reading…
Last December, I was quoted in an article in The New York Times talking about how consumers can negotiate the price at major retailers. No longer is this a practice left for garage sales, car lots, and local “Ma and Pa” shops. If you are a bit nervous about being turned down or looking like a cheap fool, don’t be, as the act of negotiating a better price is becoming much more mainstream as [...] Continue Reading…