BeFrugal Review: How to Maximize Your Cashback and Rule the World
As I’ve talked about in the past, I clearly have my favorite cashback sites and I love to play one against the other in order to always maximize the cash I get back when shopping online. One of my favs is the up-and-comer BeFrugal.com as they have some cool stuff going on that’s gonna help you save a stack a cash.
So I figured it was time to give them their due credit and write a stand-alone article on how BeFrugal works, along with some cool hacks to maximize your cashback even further.
When you sign-up for free with BeFrugal not only will you score a free $10 bonus, but you’ll also enter the world of cashback shopping.
This means you’ll get paid whenever you start your online shopping via the BeFrugal website, browser extension, or their mobile app.
It works by BeFrugal getting paid a commission whenever they drive shoppers to a store’s website. But instead of keeping the commission for themselves, they actually give 102% of it (on average) to their users (YOU!).
Here are some detailed specs to help you figure out BeFrugal.com:
- Number of Merchants that Offer Cashback: 5,000+
- Top Cashback Merchants: Amazon (up to 10% cashback), Walmart (4% back), Sam’s Club (3% back), Rite-Aid (4% back), Dell (6% back), Shutterfly (7% back), Eddie Bauer (4% back), Under Armour (8% back), American Eagle (5% back), Macy’s (6% back), and Hotels.com (6% back).
- Payout Methods: Check, PayPal, or Amazon gift card.
- Mobile App: They have both an iOS and Android app.
- Browser Extension: Yes, they call it the “Couponomatic” and it automatically adds coupon codes to your purchase when shopping online. No more cutting and pasting codes and looking for coupons that may or may not work.
- Sign-Up Bonus: $10 Bonus just for signing-up. $10 bonus is payable when you confirm your BeFrugal account and earn $10 or more in cashback.
- Do They Offer Coupons? Yes, it’s hard to “be frugal” without using a coupon on your purchase. This is a great way to “Double Dip” your savings.
Click Here to Try BeFrugal and Score a $10 Bonus
Why BeFrugal Rocks:
There are a few highly legitimate reasons why they rock plus some hacks to save even more…
- Find a Coupon That Doesn’t Work? Score $5 – If you find an online coupon on BeFrugal that doesn’t work, tell them about it (within 24 hours) and get $5 added to your account.
- Get Paid via Amazon Gift Card – Redeem your earnings via an Amazon gift card and score an additional 3% cashback. Might as well.
- Security Concerns – When using their app, turn on text verification via your mobile phone for additional mobile security. BeFrugal offers unique text verification as an additional method to secure your account against unauthorized use.
- 125% Cashback Guarantee – Not only does BeFrugal give back 100% of their commissions to their users, they stand behind it with a sweet guarantee. If you find another cashback site that gives more back at any specific retailer, let BeFrugal know about it and they’ll match it, PLUS 25%. To make it happen you need to do the following:
- Login to your BeFrugal account.
- Make the purchase like you normally would.
- Next, submit your receipt and store name, the higher rate offered, and a link to that rate (All done via your BeFrugal account).
- Once verified, they will automatically award you 125% of the higher cashback rate.
Ask the Reader: Do you use a different cashback site that you use? If so, which one and why?
By Kyle James
Disclaimer: While BeFrugal didn’t pay my a penny to write this, and all opinions are my own, BeFrugal is giving me a referral fee for anyone who signs up and gives them a try.