How Many Stores and Restaurants Offer Military or Veteran Discounts?
A few years ago I started a comprehensive list of stores and restaurants that currently offer a military discount that would be a great place to start your search for discounts you might take advantage of.
Be sure to check my list OFTEN as I’m always adding new retailers to it, so let me know if you know of any places that I might be missing.
Can the Spouse Also Use the Discount?
At most stores, YES, the spouse of the service member or vet can also use the military discount.
How Do You Typically Have to Prove Your Service?
The most common forms, or I.D., that you will need to present include the following:
- Active Duty Military ID card w/ picture (Green Background)
- Retired Military ID card w/ picture (Blue Background)
- VA Card with word “Service” on it.
- DD-214 form.
- Valid driver’s license with the U.S. flag -OR- “Veteran” designation.
- A service-connected VA Medical Center card.
- Common Access Card (CAC).
- Active Military and Retired Military ID card for spouse or dependents. (Yellow/Beige Background)
What Are Some of the More Popular Military Discount Out There?
BELOW is the full list of stores that I have covered so far, more to come.