Does Starbucks Take Apple Pay? Here’s the Real Deal
Whether you’re paying at the Starbucks drive-thru, or walking-in for your morning coffee, you may be wondering if you can use Apple Pay at Starbucks and what the advantages are. So I decided to go out and grab a ridiculously expensive Venti Mocha and see exactly what the deal with Apple Pay at Starbucks was…so here’s EVERYTHING you need to know.
So, Can I Use Apple Pay at Starbucks?
The folks at Starbucks are happy to have you pay with Apple Pay.
To make it happen you simply follow these steps:
- On an iPhone with Face ID, just double click the side button to open Apple Pay.
- This will bring up Apple Pay and allow you to pick the credit card or Starbucks card you want to use to pay at Starbucks.
- Hold the top of your iPhone near the contactless reader until “Done” appears on your screen.
That’s all there is to it…but keep reading for some tips on why it’s actually REALLY smart to use Apple pay at Starbucks.
See Also: 7 Starbucks Menu Hacks That’ll Save You BIG Money
What’s the Benefit of Using Apple Pay at Starbucks?
Here are a few reasons why it’s smart to use Apple Pay at your local S’bucks.
1. Security – When you use Apple Pay at Starbucks, your actual credit card number is not shared with the employee and is NOT visible to any shaky coffee drinkers possibly standing behind you looking to steal your card number.
2. Convenience – Leave your wallet or purse securely locked-up in your car and just use your phone to pay.
3. Hygiene – If you’re a germaphobe, and who isn’t right now, Apple Pay is great way to stay contactless.
What If I Want to Use a Starbucks Card?
Not a problem.
You’ll simply need to add your Starbucks card to your Apple Wallet so it’ll be available when you access Apple Pay on your phone.
Smart HACK Alert: You can actually use Apple Pay to reload your Starbucks card via the Starbucks app.
Then you’ll earn 2 stars for every dollar spent so you can rack up some free drinks and food items.
See Also: Get Starbucks Delivered to Your Home or Office – Here’s How
Can I Link Apple Pay to the Starbucks App?
Once your account balance gets low within the Starbucks app, you can simply link Apple Pay to your Starbucks account.
You can then just add cash to your Starbucks card within the app and keep earning 2 stars for every dollar spent.
Will I Still Earn Starbucks Rewards Stars?
As long as your Starbucks card is registered to your Starbucks account, you’ll still collect stars when using Apple Pay.
See Also: The Starbucks Secret Menu Will Change the Way You Drink Coffee
Can I Use Apple Pay on my Apple Watch?
All you need to do is add the Starbucks app to your Apple Watch.
The you just tap the Starbucks logo on your Apple Watch and choose the Apple Pay option during checkout.
Then you just hold your watch near the contactless payment reader, wait for your watch to vibrate, and you’re all set.
You can even add money to your Starbucks account directly from your Apple Watch which is really convenient.
See Also: 14 Apple Watch Hacks that New Owners Gotta Know
Ask the Reader: Do you use Apple Pay at Starbucks on a regular basis? Am I missing any important info, let me know, thanks!
By Kyle James