Have you ever been shopping online and thought to yourself how cool it would be to get those shoes, jeans, blender, (or whatever it might be) sent to your home for free so you could try them on and check them out in person? Then if they didn’t fit, or you didn’t like it for whatever reason, you could return them for free? How cool would that be.
Well, today I’m here to tell you that this already is the reality with a bunch of popular online retailers. Shop ’til you drop then mail back the stuff you don’t want for FREE. 100% risk free shopping. Here are 28 popular online stores that’ll currently let you do it.
- The Apple Store offers free shipping on $49 or more + FREE returns.
- You have 14 days to return an item from the date you received it. Instructions are here.
- Items ineligible for return include opened software, electronic software downloads, software upgrades, Apple Store gift cards, Apple Developer Connection products, and Apple print products.
- Ashford offers free shipping along with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all online orders.
- In order to get free return shipping you need to select “Free Ground” shipping.
- Items being returned must be in new, unused, condition with original packaging.
- Steps to make a free return happen are found on their website.
Barneys New York
- From the Barneys website, “Barneys.com offers complimentary returns on all U.S. orders. No fee will be deducted from your return.”
- They actually include a pre-paid United States Postal Service (USPS) return label with every online order.
- Shop at Barneys, order a couple sizes, try them on at home, and mail back the stuff that doesn’t fit for free. Smart.
Bed Bath & Beyond.com
- Get free shipping when you spend at least $49 on their website. Pretty cool.
- Returns on the other hand are completely FREE and easy at Bed Bath & Beyond. REALLY cool.
- If your order didn’t come with a pre-paid shipping label, you can call them at 1-800-GO BEYOND (1-800-462-3966) for assistance.
- Bonobos sells fashionable men’s clothing and is proud to offer free shipping both ways.
- If you buy anything you don’t like, for whatever reason, you can use the prepaid shipping label that comes with every order to expedite the return process.
- From their site, “Return your items (for free) within 90 days for a full refund, and within 365 for store credit for an exchange”
- Free shipping on your $25+ order and FREE returns on all orders via FedEx. Details here.
- Stock your kitchen and check out a bunch of new products risk free.
- While Costco does offer free shipping on many items (not everything) it is worth noting their awesome return policy.
- If you order from Costco.com and need to return for any reason you have 2 solid options.
- First, you can simply return the item to your local warehouse and they will refund you in full (including any delivery charges).
- Second, if you can’t make it to a warehouse, you can call them at 1-800-955-2292 and hear other pick-up options.
- Diapers.com offers free shipping on $49 or more BUT free returns on EVERYTHING.
- You have 365 days to make your return happen.
- Item obviously can’t be used or expired. Eww…I just envisioned a pile of used diapers.
- eBags will happily pay return shipping costs for the first 30 days after your purchase.
- From their site, “All items must be in the condition you received them, with all hang tags attached and in the original box.”
- From the Lacoste website, “Free Returns will be granted to customers who utilize their pre-paid return label included in their box or accessible at the online return center.”
- You have 30 days from date of delivery to return your items.
- LL Bean offers free shipping on ALL orders and free returns on orders for LL Bean card members.
- If you are not a card holder you will have to pay a $6.50 fee.
- You can also return all online orders to a physical LL Bean location for no extra charge.
- Free shipping on ALL orders!
- Needless Markup…err, I mean Neiman Marcus will pay your return shipping within 15 days of purchase.
- After 15 days you will be subject to a return fee. Website doesn’t say what the fee actually is.
- Free shipping and free returns on all orders at Nordstrom.com. Pretty awesome actually.
- Do some shopping risk free and just return items that don’t fit or you don’t like.
- If you need to return something over-sized all you have to do is call them at 888-282-6060 for assistance.
- Free shipping, free returns, and free exchanges at Online Shoes.com.
- You have 365 days to return stuff.
- Must be in unworn, new condition, with boxes and tags.
- When shopping at Sephora.com you’ll get free shipping on $50+ and free returns on all orders.
- To get free return shipping you need to use the “Merchandise Return label” included with your purchase.
- You have 60 days from date of order to return your purchase for free.
- Update (6/06/16): Apparently Shoe Mall now charges $6.95 for a return.
- Free shipping and free returns on ALL orders at ShoeMall.com.
- You have 120 days to send back all unused items for free.
- Just complete and enclose the RETURN FORM located on the back of your packing slip.
- Shoes.com is another online shoe seller that offers free shipping and free returns on ALL orders.
- Not sure what size you wear for specific brands? Just order a couple different sizes and mail back the ones that don’t fit.
- Note: They reserve the right to reject orders from individuals who make excessive returns. Use their policy wisely because if you abuse it, it will surely go away.
- Yet another online shoe retailer who offers free shipping and returns is Shoebuy.com.
- You have 60 days from date of delivery to return items to them.
- Tip: If you are exchanging shoes and in a hurry, return your item and place a brand new order for your replacement shoes.
- The shipping and return policy at Shopbop.com is down right awesome and completely FREE both ways.
- You’ll get free 3-day shipping and free returns within 30 days of delivery.
- Also, were you aware that all Amazon Prime members can get the same free 2-day shipping benefits when shopping on Shopbop? Very cool (and clever) add on service.
- Sunglass Hut.com ships for free (no minimum) and lets you return items for free as well.
- Have you ever broken a pair of expensive sunglasses? If so, listen up. From their website, “Occasionally sunglasses break. It’s sad, but true. But when it happens to sunglasses bought at Sunglass Hut, we replace them with the same pair (or equivalent, if unavailable) at 50% off the original price.”
- I just completely fell in love with this company.
- UGG will happily ship your next pair of UGGs for free and offer free returns for any reason.
- Feel free to shop at the UGG Australia website and order a couple pairs to try on at home knowing that you can return the ones you don’t like at no cost.
- The hip folks at Urban Outfitters want you to be completely satisfied so they are offering free returns and exchanges within the first 30 days of purchase.
- They also offer free shipping on $50 or more.
- They also let you use USPS pick-up service so you don’t even have to leave home to get your stuff sent back. Details here.
- Stock up on pet food, medication, and supplies at Wag.com and do it completely risk free as they offer free shipping $49+ with completely free returns.
- Items must still be brand new and in original packaging and they’ll let you return it for FREE for 365 days after you received it.
World of Watches
- Buy your next killer time piece and if you don’t like how it looks on your wrist, just return it for free. Oh, and I forgot to mention that they’ll mail it to you for free to begin with. Win-win.
- Make sure to return items within 30 days of receiving them or you’ll get stuck paying a 20% re-stocking fee.
- Apparently they sell a lot more than watches as fragrances, swimwear, intimate apparel, and hosiery are all non-refundable.
- The Zappos shipping and return policy is the current gold standard in my opinion.
- Free shipping and free returns for 365 days after you receive your purchase.
- 24/7 customer service to help you if you have any trouble with your purchase or return.
- Not sure your size? Just order a few pairs of shoes and return the ones that don’t fit or you don’t like.
- Order your shoes on 2/29 of a leap year….you’ll have exactly 4 years to return them! Seriously.
Ask the Reader: Do you know of any more online stores that offer free shipping and free returns? Let me know, thanks!
By Kyle James
Photo credit to Larry Tomlinson.