Does Trader Joe’s Offer Delivery? 5 Clever Ways to Make It Happen
Trader Joe’s is a popular grocery store that offers many healthy, delicious products at relatively affordable prices. With all the hype surrounding TJ, I wanted to see what types of delivery options they had available for customers. If you don’t want to leave your comfy couch to indulge in your favorite Trader Joe’s mochi- fear not- there are some delivery options available. But… NOT like what you may be expecting. Read on to learn everything you need to know about Trader Joe’s delivery services.
Does Trader Joe’s Have Their Own Delivery Service?
Unfortunately, Trader Joe’s doesn’t offer any delivery services or curbside pickup options.
Therefore, you cannot order online directly off their website and get stuff delivered to your home.
TJ is UNLIKE many other grocery stores that had to adapt to provide online ordering and additional delivery and pick-up options due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
What 3rd Party Companies Offer Delivery Services from Trader Joe’s?
Dumpling Grocery and TaskRabbit are the top two third-party companies that provide delivery services from Trader Joe’s directly.
However, other third-party companies can come to the rescue if you live in a more rural area where there is limited to no availability on these two platforms.
Read to the end to learn more about these insider loopholes.
See Also: 8 Smart Trader Joe’s Shopping Tips That’ll Help You Save
Is Task Rabbit a Good Option?
Task Rabbit is a great platform where “taskers” can buy and deliver your groceries from Trader Joe’s straight to your door.
Follow these 4 simple steps to use Task Rabbit to deliver Trader’s Joe’s to your home:
1. Search “grocery shopping” into the site’s “I need help with…” entry.
2. Provide your zip code and task.
3. Select your tasker who will pick up your groceries and deliver them to your home.
4. Provide your shopping list to the tasker.
It’s important to note taskers on this platform are paid by the hour, not at a fixed fee like most other third-party apps.
Therefore, to ensure your tasker doesn’t waste time struggling to find certain items on your list, be sure to give a comprehensive shopping list upfront.
This will not only save your tasker the time and effort to find your items, but it will save you money not having to pay the tasker for this extra time.
What About Dumpling Grocery?
Dumpling Grocery is another good option for Trader Joe’s delivery that’s quite similar to Task Rabbit.
Follow these 4 steps to order Trader Joe’s from Dumpling:
1. Select your personal shopper on the app by plugging in your zip code.
2. Make sure your shopper offers delivery services from Trader Joe’s.
3. Click on the Trader Joe’s logo and build your order.
4. Create notes on certain item preferences for your shopper to follow.
See Also: Is Apple Pay Accepted at Trader Joe’s? Here’s the Deal
What Fees Are Associated With These Delivery Options?
Both Task Rabbit and Dumpling Grocery can get rather expensive, especially if you don’t understand how their delivery fees work.
Let’s break it down…
Task Rabbit Delivery Fees
As previously discussed, “taskers” on the Task Rabbit platform charge an hourly rate, not a fixed fee.
Therefore, you must provide clear notes for your tasker before starting to reduce any wasted time your tasker has to find certain items on your list.
Dumpling Grocery Delivery Fees
Unfortunately, Dumpling Grocery fees can rack up fast.
– You first have to pay a one-time $10 fee to set up your Dumpling account.
– You’ll then obviously pay for the groceries you request.
– The personal shopper can then require a minimum tip fee for you to pay before the service even begins.
– Shipping and delivery fees may vary depending on the shopper and specific store; however, expect to pay around 20% of total grocery costs.
– Last but not least, they have a platform fee of about 5%.
3 Insider Tricks To Get Trader Joe’s Delivery
Depending on your location, Task Rabbit and Dumpling Grocery may not be available in your town.
But, there are a few rather unconventional insider hacks you can still do if you are adamant about getting your Trader Joe’s delivered.
1. Amazon: Amazon has a grocery section where you can buy Trader Joe’s branded items via Amazon’s website.
2. eBay: You can buy Trader Joe’s items off eBay and get your order shipped to your house.
3. Craigslist: If all else fails, you can always hire someone through Craigslist.
Create a posting and fill out the necessary job info and wait to see if someone will complete your job.
Or…respond to available postings on Craigslist for personal shoppers looking for work.
Ask the Reader: How do you get Trader Joe’s delivered to your home? Any tips that I may have missed? Let me know.
By Kyle James