The Bed Bath & Beyond return policy, while still mighty fine, has been restricted a little bit in recent years. Especially when you lose your receipt. So I thought it was time to break it all down for you. Here is exactly how the BB&B return policy works. Hope this helps and answers all your questions.
How Many Return Days With a Receipt?
The Bed Bath and Beyond return policy gives you 90 return days to return items from date of purchase.
It should be noted that this does require a receipt. Which leads us to our next question.
Are There Exceptions to the 90 Days?
Yes, there are a few major exceptions you should be aware of.
– Tech & Smart Home Items: 30 days.
– Seasonal Items: 30 days. Includes patio furniture, grills, and holiday décor.
– Electric & Battery Operated Items: 60 days.
– Small Kitchen Appliances: 60 days.
– Robotic Vacuums: 60 days.
– Opened Air Mattresses: 60 days.
– Smart Home Items: 30 days.
– Car Seats & Strollers: Both new and unused have a 180 return days.
Is Anything Non-Refundable?
Yes, there are quite a few items that cannot be return to BB&B. Here they are:
– Gift Cards: Completely non-refundable.
– Shipping, Delivery Charges: No refund on these, sorry.
– Assembly Charges: If you pay someone from Bed Bath and Beyond to build something, you can’t get your money back if you decide to return the item.
– Monogrammed, Personalized, Custom-Made Items: Non-refundable.
– As-Is Items: Non-refundable.
– VEBO experiences: Non-refundable.
– Beyond Deals: Non-refundable.
– Special Order Items: Non-refundable.
– Baby Clothing and Destination Maternity Items: These can only be returned with the original tags still attached and your receipt.
– Breast Pumps: Can only be returned unopened and with your receipt.
What If I Lost My Receipt?
If you lose your receipt, your return window is still 90 days.
But….they’ve gotten stricter on this over the years and now typically require the item to be in NEW condition while some discretion is left to the store manager.
Bed Bath & Beyond will use one of the following methods to try and find your purchase history:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Store or merchandise credit number
- Gift card number
- Checking account number
If they CAN’T find any evidence of your purchase, they’ll let you complete an exchange (or get store credit) minus 20% of the current price.
If you prefer cash back, you’ll have to complete a “corporate refund request”, just tell the employee and they’ll help you out.
Do Items Have To Be In Original Packaging?
No, absolutely not.
Just bring the item back in, apparently in whatever condition, and they’ll refund 100% of your money if you still have your receipt.
Bed Bath & Beyond can do this because they have a strong relationship with their suppliers, many of whom will refurbish returned items and resell them at a discount.
Can I Return Items to Any Bed Bath and Beyond Location?
Yes, just bring back your items to any BB&B location and get your return processed.
What About Returning Online Purchases?
The easiest way is to bring it back to your local BB&B store for a refund.
If that is not possible, you’ll find that when you order something from the Bed Bath & Beyond website it’ll come with a FedEx return postage label included.
On the return label you’ll need to circle the item you’re returning, the reason why, and add your phone number.
Just pack up the items in the original package, include the bottom portion of your invoice, stick the FedEx label on it, and drop it off at a FedEx pickup location.
You’re done, now go enjoy a cold pop.
What’s the Scoop on “Truck Delivery” Returns?
When getting a truck delivery from Bed Bath & Beyond I have some tips for success.
When the item(s) gets delivered, be sure to open the box and inspect the item for damage before the driver leaves.
If you see any damage, decline the delivery and write “Package Damage” on the delivery form. Then call BB&B at 1-844-4BBBHOME to report the damage.
If the damage is minimal, you can accept the return then call the above number and they’ll send out a replacement part or product.
Call within 48 hours for best results.
Can I Return a Mattress?
No, not exactly.
But if you’re having a tough time adjusting to your new mattress, they give you 120 days from delivery date to do a 1-Time mattress exchange.
After that you’re stuck with it, so choose wisely.
It should also noted that you’re on-the-hook for all shipping charges.
Call Bed Bath & Beyond at 1-844-4BBBHOME to schedule your mattress exchange.
Can I Get a Price Adjustment?
If an item goes on sale within 14 days of purchase you can bring your receipt in and get a price adjustment.
Also, according to Stacy, an 11 year employee, you can get a coupon adjustment as well. Just bring in your receipt and a BB&B coupon and you can get money back for the value of the coupon.
Ask the Reader: What’s been your experience with the Bed Bath & Beyond return policy? Have you ever had a problem returning an item?
By Kyle James