Nordstrom Price Match Policy: Everything You Need to Know (and Much More)
I’m a huge fan of taking advantage of price match policies when retailers allows it. And guess what? Nordstrom absolutely allows it and it’s a big part of their tradition of great customer service. So I figured it was time to take a deep dive into the Nordstrom price match policy and figure out exactly how it works. I hope this helps you get some money back.
Does Nordstrom Offer a Price Match?
Yes, but it’s a bit muddy, especially when trying to figure out which stores they’ll actually price match.
This is why I wanted to write this article and set the record straight.
What Stores Does Nordstrom Price Match?
Surprisingly, I couldn’t find an answer to this question ANYWHERE so I hit up Nordstrom live chat and asked.
Turns out Nordstrom ONLY price matches the following 10 retailers:
1- Amazon (must be sold & shipped by Amazon)
3- East Dane
5- Mr. Porter
6- Neiman Marcus
9- Saks Fifth Avenue
How Many Days Do You Have to Get a Price Adjustment?
If you find a lower price for up to 14 days after your purchase you can request a price match.
This can be done either in-store or via their web portal HERE.
See Also: Nordstrom Return Policy: Answers to Your 8 Biggest Questions
Do I Need My Receipt to Make it Happen?
For in-store purchases you need to request the price match at time of purchase or by bringing in your receipt at a later date.
So…yes, you NEED your receipt as proof of purchase.
What Are the Specifics of their Policy?
In order to get a Nordstrom price match you need to meet the following 4 criteria.
- Item must be identical.
- Must be in-stock at select competitor.
- Bring in the current ad of the competitor, or a clickable link to the product on your smartphone as evidence of the lower price.
- Only 1 price match per item.
See Also: 14 Stores That’ll Price Match Amazon’s Price Everyday
Are There Any Exceptions to Their Policy?
Yes, quite a few actually…
– Order-level discounts – Not sure what this means, does anyone know? Leave a comment below and fill me in.
– Designer Brands purchased at a discount – If you already bought it “on sale” you can’t get a price match on top of that.
– Gift card promotions – If Nordstrom is having a deal on gift cards and selling them for less than face value you can’t get a price match if you bought a gift card before the deal started.
– Shipping offers – This one is kind of obvious.
– Items from the outlet – This includes stuff bought from Nordstrom Rack.
– Flash sales – Can’t get a price match if you originally bought the item during a Flash Sale.
– Auction & Club Retailers – They won’t price match places like Costco, Sam’s Club or eBay.com.
– Regional and non-U.S.-based retailers.
Can I Get a Price Adjustment on Stuff That Goes on Sale?
Nordstrom is famous for offering anniversary sales, limited-time savings, and “extra savings” events.
Unfortunately you CAN’T get a price-match on stuff bought before “the specific discount time period”.
Can I Get an Online Price Match?
Unlike many online retailers, Nordstrom allows you to get an online price match when you shop their website.
As mentioned earlier, they have a webpage set up to start the process.
You just enter your order number and zip code and they’ll look up your purchase and help you get the price match.
Anything Else I Need to Know?
Here are a couple more juicy tidbits that might be useful.
- According to some Nordstrom shoppers, they’ll price match J.Crew as well.
- I’ve also heard that you can use Nordstrom Live Chat to get a price match which in many cases will save you a trip to the store.
Let me know if you have more insider tips that I can share.
Ask the Reader: What’s been your experience with the price match policy at Nordstrom? Let me know in the comments, thanks!
By Kyle James
Photo credit to Mike Mozart.