Anyone who stops by the Rather-Be-Shopping blog from time-to-time knows I’m a HUGE fan of student discounts. After all, being a college student these days is about the most expensive thing you can “be”, so it’s REALLY smart to take advantage of any discount offered by retailers, restaurants, and hotels. Which brings us today to the Nike student discount as it’s one of the better money saving opportunities for students these days. Here’s everything you need to know so you can “just do it” and save money the next time you’re shopping the Nike website.
1. How Much is the Nike Student Discount?
High school, college, and university students are eligible to receive a 1-time use 10% off promo code directly from Nike.
2. Can I Use The Discount Both Online and In-Store?
If you try to use the promo code at a Nike “brick and mortar” store you’ll get rejected as if Dikembe Mutombo was your cashier.
3. What Proof Do I Have to Show?
The first thing you need to do is sign-up (for FREE) to the Nike membership program.
They’ll ask you for the following:
- High school or college you attend.
- First and last name.
- Email address.
- Date of birth.
- Mobile phone number.
Key to success: Use your school’s email address if you have one, as that will help greatly with the verification process.
Also, in some cases they’ll ask you for further information, like a school I.D. card, so be prepared to upload a copy.
4. How Old Do I Have To Be?
If you’re under 16, you’ll have to wait until you can count 16 candles on your birthday cake to get the discount.
There is no maximum age requirement, so if you’re 99 years old and a college freshmen you can still get the discount.
5. Can I Get Another “1-Time Use” Promo Code Later?
Every 30 days you can actually “reverify” your student status and score another 10% off from Nike.
So be sure to always hit up Nike for a new promo code when you’re ready to make a significant purchase.
6. Are Any Items Exempt From the 10% Discount?
Yes, there are a few exceptions worth noting.
– Nike By You products.
– Some Launch and SNKRS products.
– Apple products.
– Can’t use the discount to buy gift cards or toward a previous purchase.
– Can’t redeem the student discount on Swoosh.com.
– Can’t be applied toward any shipping costs.
– Can only be used on the first $500 of a qualified purchase, so the biggest discount you can get is $50.
7. Can I Be in High School and Get the Discount?
You can be a high school student, but as mentioned earlier, you need to be at least 16 years of age to qualify for the discount.
8. Can the Discount Be Stacked with Other Coupon Codes?
But you can ONLY stack the 10% student discount with a free shipping coupon code at Nike.com.
9. Any Other Benefits to Having a Nike Membership?
Yes, two REALLY big ones.
Other than qualifying for the student discount, members get FREE standard shipping AND 60-day receipt-less returns.
So it’s definitely worth signing up.
Ask the Reader: Have you ever taken advantage of the Nike student discount? If so, how much money did it save you?
By Kyle James