Whether you’re looking to buy a toy for your pet, your favorite makeup product, or a doormat for your house, Amazon truly has it all. With so many things to buy on Amazon, this can make racking up a large order balance quite easy. However, Amazon gift cards in conjunction with your credit or debit card can be a great way to split up the payment. Discover exactly how to make an Amazon split payment, and what you’re unable to do with Amazon’s split payment method below.
How to Split a Payment on Amazon?
You can split a payment on Amazon between an accepted credit or debit card and an Amazon.com gift card.
However, you cannot split a payment between multiple debit and/or credit cards.
What Are The Steps?
Here are the simple steps on how to split a payment on Amazon if you want to use a gift card and a credit card at checkout.
1. On your PC or Mac computer, ensure all the items you want to buy are added to your cart on Amazon.
2. Go to your cart and click the “Proceed to checkout” button (should be in the upper-right corner of your screen).
3. Then, in the “Add a gift card, promotion code, or voucher”, you’ll want to enter your Amazon gift card information and click “Apply”.
4. You may already have an outstanding gift card balance previously applied. If so, click the “Use your $X gift card balance” to use the rest of your gift card balance.
5. Select the debit or credit card you’d like to use to pay the rest of your order balance.
6. Review the page to ensure the correct gift card and payment method were selected, and then click “Place your order”.
Any Minimum Order Size Requirements?
There are NOT any minimum order size requirements to split payments on Amazon between a gift card and a credit, debit, or prepaid credit card.
Therefore, this is a great way to use up the rest of your Amazon gift card balance (even if it’s just a small amount!).
Do I Have to Be a Prime Member to Split a Payment?
You don’t have to be a Prime member to split the payment between a gift card and a credit, debit, or prepaid card.
Any Amazon customer can split a payment on Amazon.
Can I Use 2 Separate Credit or Debit Cards to Pay?
You cannot use 2 separate credit or debit cards to pay on Amazon.
You can only use a gift card along with 1 credit or debit card to pay.
How About Using 3 Credit Cards?
Again, you can only split payments between a single credit card and a gift card.
Hack Alert: Consider splitting the order up into different transactions and use a different credit card for each transaction if you want to use 3 credit cards, and have at least 3 plus items to make different transactions.
Can I Use a Gift Card and a Credit Card to Pay?
Amazon’s split payment method encourages customers to use a gift card with a credit or debit card to pay for their order.
This way, if you have a gift card that doesn’t pay for your full order, you can still use it to deduct your total balance and then use your credit card to pay off the remaining balance.
Can I Use a “Prepaid” Credit Card and a Gift Card to Split a Payment?
You can use a prepaid credit card along with an Amazon gift card to split your Amazon payment.
Therefore, if you have a Visa, MasterCard, or America Express prepaid credit card lying around, consider using it next time you shop on Amazon.
Ask the Reader: Do you split your Amazon payments often? If so, have you ever ran into any issues?
By Kyle James